Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

10 hours ago, Steejay said:

Ah, I loved Pedersen for his carefree attitude.

He wasn’t the best but at least he gave 100%.

Top fella, pre season in Malta he left the rest of the squad, broke curfew and came for a few drinks with us 20 reprobates, he must of gone back to the team hotel about 3am. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

Think im right that apart from the two Kevins he was our top scorer in Prem?

Anyway know people who met him and all say was a terrific bloke. Underrated at time id say but a big part of best times ever and that includes his emergency defensive work 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, rochdale white said:

He was a better finisher than I remember as well

Makes you realise just how good he was at keeping the ball down. Plenty of daisy cutters amongst that lot. 

Richard Sneekes was another who could whack a ball hard and it not go above 6” off the deck.

24 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Not as underrated as Petrov.  An absolute class act who was made the scapegoat because he had a shit full-back behind him.

Not for me. Petrov was a luxury player who we absolutely could not afford to carry. Certainly not in a 4-4-2 that was fucked after an hour with Coyle’s lack of training.

Put him in a top half team with no defensive responsibilities and I get your point.
I see him as one of many factors as to why we went down.

Taylor was made a scapegoat. Presumably because he was a wide player with not much pace. Not sure exactly but it pissed me right off. Always liked him, especially seeing as he turned down Sunderland for us. 

1 hour ago, DazBob said:

Not as underrated as Petrov.  An absolute class act who was made the scapegoat because he had a shit full-back behind him.

Correct bbz

Scandalous some of the bollocks said about him over the years.

He couldn’t help it that KD had decided/forced to wind down as the player he was.

In his pomp Davies would of killed for a supply like Petrov’s

Edited by tomski

28 minutes ago, deane koontz said:

I don't see why not. It'll be a good challenge for him.

Said on the radio he's played something like 700 games for Barcelona and scored almost 650 goals. I'd love to see him in the Prem, but just can't see who he would sign for