Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Parliament is sitting (Where's my pint Mick)

Parliamentarians are sitting.

Torquay is a shit hole.  :)

Parliament voted to carry on working remotely until November.  Where’s my pint?😀

Edited by mickbrown

I've never sang it with either. 

And it's Bolton Wanderers
Bolton Wanderers F.C
By far the greatest team
The world has ever seen

It's definitely "are" in the context of announcement tweets, it's purely a personal contextual issue but "is" just doesn't sit right. Conveys a sort of disconnect, lacks personability.

16 hours ago, Deanu said:

Was on trial which got cut short along with that Ben Stephens where as Baptiste/ Hickman/Greenidge/Amoateng stayed till the duration. Probably didn't fancy him then gave him a call to fall back on him when we realised we're well short for the bench & cover considering our young pro's are nowhere near the level required atm. Not exciting in the slightest but we deffo needed another CM. We can expect some scouse shithousery & a 5 yard backwards sideways pass but at the end of the day I'd rather have this guy doing the same thing as Spearing & Lowe on 75% less wages. 

Given our real lack of strikers, I dont see the need for another midfielder, it looks like we're only playing 3 midfielders if we're going with wingbacks, we've got plenty of cover with Darcy, White, Hickman, Graham and now Tutte as back up to Comley, Sarcevic and Crawford.  I cant believe I'm describing Darcy as a back up for a Div 2 side. 

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, mickbrown said:

Parliament voted to carry on working remotely until November.  Where’s my pint?😀

Nice try. You said they wouldn't be back. I said they would in a covid secure way, like businesses have to.

Like I said, I dont drink anyway, so make payment to nhs charities.

4 hours ago, kent_white said:

The club is a collective - and should always be referred to in the collective. That's my take on it and I'm sticking with it! 

It should say Bolton Wanderers Football Club then is sounds correct. Without the football club part it doesn't sound right. 

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Nice try. You said they wouldn't be back. I said they would in a covid secure way, like businesses have to.

Like I said, I dont drink anyway, so make payment to nhs charities.

Schools are back. These fuckers aren’t. Do as I say...,,,

• Site Supporter
47 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Schools are back. These fuckers aren’t. Do as I say...,,,

Stop digging Mick. You made a statement, apparently based on a twitter rumour that was shown to be bollocks. Parliament is back just as it was before recess. Nowhere is normal.

Schools are back, but with huge differences than normal. With scientific evidence to show risks are comparatively low, yet lots of procedures to protect. Rightly so.

Highly likely to be some further interruption however, looking at certain areas, ours included.