Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

3 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Big Wednesday fan here.

Kieran Lee has been one hell of a player for us. I’d actually say he’s been our best player since we got relegated from the premier league in 2000. Only problem is that we ruined him by overplaying him when he was injured. Had a bad hip injury that nearly finished him. A central midfielder that can do everything and makes the game look easy. He’s a box to box player that links the play between midfield and attack. At his pomp around 2015-2018 was one of the best players in the championship and could easily of played in the premier league. Often got unnoticed by other fans and the media but what a player he was.

I hope he keeps fit for you guys and he shows off how good he is. His bad injury is a problem tho. Good luck to you guys and hope you get promoted this season. 

Cheers for that.

When you've finished with Bannan send him back this way.  We didn't see the best of him but I still enjoy watching him dictate games (not recently admittedly).

4 hours ago, Escobarp said:

Was there not a comment making the point that he’s stayed away from free agents due to lack of fitness etc but on this occasion it wasn’t an issue?

Yep.

Coz he's either ...

*An extremely flexible thinker ... or ...

*A bullshitter.

Take your pick.

Edited by Dr. Feelgood

• Site Supporter
20 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Keep looking on owlstalk. Once it gets out, you will only hear of good things about Kieran Lee. You will get a few saying he’s finished etc but he’s a top drawer player. He would be in my Wednesday team. I know we are garbage at the moment but he would be one of the first names on our team sheet. 

Joined 20 hours ago... Are your initials KL? 🕵️‍♂️

9 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

I bet they look at it again in January and keep him there for the rest of the season. Nothing against the lad but he doesn't look like he's got the ability to make the step up to me

Aye, the fact that he's been behind 2 right backs, Mascoll & now Greenidge in the pecking order for LWB, would suggest he hasn't much of a future here.

If every club in the conference were offered the choice of Mascoll, Greenidge and Gordon, I reckon Gordon would get most interest.  He's clearly not good enough for Div 2 but does have some ability and a decent touch that would find a place in the conference, more so than the others from the bits I've seen.  None will be around in Div 2 next season for me.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Biggish Dave said:

I bet they look at it again in January and keep him there for the rest of the season. Nothing against the lad but he doesn't look like he's got the ability to make the step up to me

Tend to agree, but I suppose some game time and a chance to build some confidence won't go amiss.

11 minutes ago, Blondi said:

Probably a TP signing that hasn't worked out and Evatt now wants him out too, plenty more to follow I'd guess.

Agreed. I'm just not sure HOW you move them on. Who will want them ? Evatt says there's still room in the budget for fresh wages & any of these going would help.

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Agreed. I'm just not sure HOW you move them on. Who will want them ? Evatt says there's still room in the budget for fresh wages & any of these going would help.

We dont know the terms of the deal

Hes maybe happy to move home

Maybe we pay him a bit over the next 2 years with the cockneys topping him up

Lots of maybes, but nothing you could say is unrealistic