Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

18 minutes ago, tomski said:

Is Declan John a wing back? I’d kind of hoped we were going to abandon this idea for wingers

I’m hoping he will use him in a conventional back four with the option to use him as a wing back if we ever look balanced enough to play that system.

https://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/football/sunderland-afc/exciting-declan-john-insight-sunderland-fans-will-love-after-welsh-international-agrees-loan-deal-1379679

Didnt realise he has such a longish career behind him, 42 games for Cardiff.

None for Parky at Sunderland??

Says he can play wingback, don't know if that's good news or not.

Of course, ex Chesterfield explains the move.

10 minutes ago, Rizlar said:

Something went on in the background with Taft I thought he be a starter no question.

Definitely. He had lots of experience, a good pedigree and should have been a shoo-in alongside Santos (Mk2). He's obviously pointed out to Evatt that he's a wanker.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Definitely. He had lots of experience, a good pedigree and should have been a shoo-in alongside Santos (Mk2). He's obviously pointed out to Evatt that he's a wanker.

Exactly - IE drops players for one mistake but let’s some play even though we are losing points because of them. Taft has definitely told him he is a tosser

• Members
8 minutes ago, Big E said:

Taft seems to be getting better and better with every game he doesn't play 

Seems we’ve let the modern day Cannavaro slip through our fingers purely based on the speculation that he told the gaffer he’s a wanker. Not because he might be a bit pony.

EVATT OUT

18 minutes ago, Ratwhite said:

Declan John coming in means we can play Nathan Jones (hes been gone to long) in his proper positon, does this mean Kioso going back?

Agreed, playing Jones on the right, is like a double benefit at full back. Kioso could play further forwards if he stays, he wasn’t great defensively anyway.

29 minutes ago, white noise said:

Inside track was that he didn’t do enough in training to force his way in. In fact was going backwards and really showing very little reason to justify being picked. This will give him the opportunity to prove himself, he’s under contract for next season too.

Seems to stack up what IE said about players not showing up in training 

24 minutes ago, Ratwhite said:

Declan John coming in means we can play Nathan Jones (hes been gone to long) in his proper positon, does this mean Kioso going back?

I Heard a rumour he’d endured a cruel summer.

Edited by Plums

• Site Supporter

Very good friend of mine is a Cambridge lad season ticket holder and knows his football, told me when we signed Taft that in his opinion it would fail as in my mates words hes flatters to deceive and Cambridge wouldn't be weakened by his loss. Good enough for me.