Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

1 hour ago, Burndens Bogs said:

I'd say that going forward Kioso is the best wingback we've had for ages.

Defending isn't his strong point like.

I want to agree, but I'm struggling, I don't see much attacking ability other than his great heading, which is a bonus. Seems to go missing and doesn't have much of a final delivery and for a winger not blessed with pace or a trick.  He's no postman!

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I want to agree, but I'm struggling, I don't see much attacking ability other than his great heading, which is a bonus. Seems to go missing and doesn't have much of a final delivery and for a winger not blessed with pace or a trick.  He's no postman!

As a wingback, he's seems to largely venture inside somewhat, perhaps its his nature, or what he's been asked to do.

Not seen a lot of getting to the by line and cut backs etc.

Not arsed if he's scoring goals though. 

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

but he is very good and scores goals causes problems

11 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

As a wingback, he's seems to largely venture inside somewhat, perhaps its his nature, or what he's been asked to do.

Not seen a lot of getting to the by line and cut backs etc.

Not arsed if he's scoring goals though. 

His 3 goals at Barrow, Scunthorpe and Carlisle helped get us a few points, but he was very much playing centrally to get those goals, he still doesnt strke me a winger at all.  That's not a criticism, he might be a decent no 10 in future, but I think we need to strengthen the right wing personally.  And by the way he seems like a top lad with the right attitude so I really want him to be good for us and stay for the long term.

• Site Supporter

So what’s the final verdict on Taft then? It’s another shit decision from IE because;

- Taft called out the truth that IE is a wanker

- According to some of our gossiping spies, in training he was better than Baptiste, Delaney, Greenidge and Brockbank.

Or good move because;

- It frees up space for more varied additions to the squad (Declan John and hopefully more)

- He was no better than Greenidge, Baptiste and Brockbank and in Delaney we already have a big strong left footed centre half

- He hadn’t cut it at his previous club and the gambles not paid off

- Just in case he needs some regular football he’s gone out on loan to play games and may come back better

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Ratwhite said:

but he is very good and scores goals causes problems

That’s where I’m at. There’s only 4/5 players I’d have in front of him in terms of impact, contributions and consistent performances; Doyle, Tutte,  Santos, for definite. There an argument for Gilks, not as much for the next on my list Thomason (too soon) and Sarcevic.

I really hope he stays and is part of a successful 2nd half to the season

2 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Really? How many Bolton wingbacks have had as many assists and scored as many goals in such a short space of time? Comparing him to Morais is just ridiculous, he was an out & out winger.

• Moderators
53 minutes ago, Kane57 said:

Taft and Hickman were two of the ones that Evatt was hinting at with his criticism that some signings thought they had 'made it' when they joined us. 

He seemed to come down a bit heavy on Hickman after a couple of shit crosses, bar the Papa John's trophy, he's not been seen since 

Presumably a TP money ball signing