Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, Tom Liptrott said:

Cheers for that. Obviously really well thought of and some cracking goals, he seemed to make last minute winners a speciality. 

Edited by desperado

1 hour ago, BWFC_LOVE said:

The accolades Wednesday fans are giving this lad are unreal. Yet he’s a player whose career has completely passed me by. 

Remember him playing a cup game for United in his early days and that’s it. Really hoping it works out. 

The silent assassin mate, during his early years with us we were just plodding along lower mid table side with very little ambition. Lee was the outstanding performer in a very average bunch. Since Chansiri took over in 2014 and we started spending money it was the likes of Forestieri, Hooper, Bannan et al that would get all the media attention but Lee was an ever present in that side but was only really fully recognised by those watching our games week in week out. The only pundit who gave him the praise he deserved was Keith Andrews, who always lauded him as our key player 

5 minutes ago, Tom Liptrott said:

The silent assassin mate, during his early years with us we were just plodding along lower mid table side with very little ambition. Lee was the outstanding performer in a very average bunch. Since Chansiri took over in 2014 and we started spending money it was the likes of Forestieri, Hooper, Bannan et al that would get all the media attention but Lee was an ever present in that side but was only really fully recognised by those watching our games week in week out. The only pundit who gave him the praise he deserved was Keith Andrews, who always lauded him as our key player 

I was enjoying that post until you mentioned Keith Andrews🥴

57 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Perhaps Evert without the interference of Tobias Phoenix actually had an eye for a decent player

Still think it’s easy to paint Phoenix as the bad guy when the decision could of been purely financial.

Will be interesting to see how Jans signings do.

29 minutes ago, tomski said:

Still think it’s easy to paint Phoenix as the bad guy when the decision could of been purely financial.

Will be interesting to see how Jans signings do.

Without knowing the facts, I'd have to agree with Tom.

There's a suggestion that Evatt wanted Doyle & Sarcevic in early and on decent (for us/this league) money and that after getting both, it was Youri's Asda Whoops! aisle for the rest of our business.

2 minutes ago, Traf said:

Without knowing the facts, I'd have to agree with Tom.

There's a suggestion that Evatt wanted Doyle & Sarcevic in early and on decent (for us/this league) money and that after getting both, it was Youri's Asda Whoops! aisle for the rest of our business.

This is the bit I don’t get. Everyone seems convinced Phoenix wasn’t great but this seems to be based on nothing.

At the moment Evatt hasn’t shown me he’s the man yet either. Hopefully he does and I’ll be the first to apologise questioning him on here.

You do not have to be a genius to work out Evatt and Phoenix signings

We have a lot of players who have played recently on the Fylde coast or Chesterfield......Evatt signings

Others southern based and no links to  North West football......Phoenix signings

Most of our 22 signings this summer came from one of the above

30 minutes ago, tomski said:

This is the bit I don’t get. Everyone seems convinced Phoenix wasn’t great but this seems to be based on nothing.

At the moment Evatt hasn’t shown me he’s the man yet either. Hopefully he does and I’ll be the first to apologise questioning him on here.

Exactly where I’m at mate

these latest signings seem good on paper tbf I fully expect us to kick on now if not I’ve seen enough 

12 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

these latest signings seem good on paper tbf I fully expect us to kick on now if not I’ve seen enough 

Yep paper and reality often prove to be 2 different things with the wanderers pal.

• Moderators
15 hours ago, Steejay said:

Seems a better standard than most of what we signed in the summer.

So is this why TP was binned off, so IE could bring in players he felt could do a job rather than looked promising in Excel?

• Site Supporter
23 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

I can understand why you are saying that, as we all want things to change positively and for that to happen quickly.

But I’m going for the pragmatic approach of hoping and believing these signings can make the difference, but also accepting that these are still gambles which may or may not work.

There’s lots of reasons these signings might not work; January signings are inconsistent, both haven’t played regularly for a long time, both were searching for opportunities and not getting them anywhere else, their best days are likely to be behind them and Lee in particular has a poor injury record.

But in the position that we are in these gambles are all we can take on. Couple that with embargoes, salary cap, squad limits etc that’s the realistic picture, we’re 16th in division 2 and unlikely to go up this year. 

At this moment these signings feel right and positive but I’m not going to turn round and blame IE and FV if they don’t work out for any of the reasons above.

2 minutes ago, desperado said:

I can understand why you are saying that, as we all want things to change positively and for that to happen quickly.

But I’m going for the pragmatic approach of hoping and believing these signings can make the difference, but also accepting that these are still gambles which may or may not work.

There’s lots of reasons these signings might not work; January signings are inconsistent, both haven’t played regularly for a long time, both were searching for opportunities and not getting them anywhere else, their best days are likely to be behind them and Lee in particular has a poor injury record.

But in the position that we are in these gambles are all we can take on. Couple that with embargoes, salary cap, squad limits etc that’s the realistic picture, we’re 16th in division 2 and unlikely to go up this year. 

At this moment these signings feel right and positive but I’m not going to turn round and blame IE and FV if they don’t work out for any of the reasons above.

Fair points mate

I’m not one for using the embargo as in this league money is rarely used for transfers it’s made up of loans & freebies and the salary cap is the same for everyone

i certainly feel more positive with the latest signings but for me we need to see a rapid improvement in all areas of the pitch