Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

38 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

Thought the Lee deal would of been till the summer with is injury record and not playing for so long turns out to be a 18 month deal 

Was surprised, and pleased, in equal measure we got him for 18 months if the reports in his talent are to be believed.

Seems quite an unassuming guy on the interview, fingers crossed it works out as well as we are all hoping!!

6 minutes ago, Traf said:

Fazackerley was drinking with Phil Brown & Big Sam in the Watergate Toll (junction 4 of M61) the night before Allardyce was appointed.

I'd gone in for my tea and was surprised to see them.

Remember what you had to eat? 

2 hours ago, Farnywhite said:

Thought the Lee deal would of been till the summer with is injury record and not playing for so long turns out to be a 18 month deal 

If we were only offering a 4 month deal he'd have to start all over again finding a club in the summer, probably wanted a bit of security in return for a huge drop in salary and for dropping to this standard of football.

From IEs point of view he's got a signing in the bag for next season, he probably didn't want Lee using us as a stepping stone to prove his fitness, then leaving in 4 months.

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

If we were only offering a 4 month deal he'd have to start all over again finding a club in the summer, probably wanted a bit of security in return for a huge drop in salary and for dropping to this standard of football.

From IEs point of view he's got a signing in the bag for next season, he probably didn't want Lee using us as a stepping stone to prove his fitness, then leaving in 4 months.

You’re absolutely right. But you can be guaranteed that if it doesn’t work out, or he gets injured, you’ll have folk claiming that IE/FV got it all wrong 

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, desperado said:

You’re absolutely right. But you can be guaranteed that if it doesn’t work out, or he gets injured, you’ll have folk claiming that IE/FV got it all wrong 

Do they have "crock" clauses in contracts- so if someone never gets fit, the money drops or they get released?

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Do they have "crock" clauses in contracts- so if someone never gets fit, the money drops or they get released?

I’m not sure TBH. Regarding Lee I don’t think it will be cause he’s not fit. While he might not be match sharp yet, according to his interview he’s kept himself in shape and has fitted in with training well. It’s the potential to pick up injury. But going off the likes of Buckley in the recent past,  contracts don’t seem to have clauses that bin them off mid-contract if they pick up an injury

6 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Great to see we are still a draw for players, the Lee signing is a tremendous coup for us. 

Lee and Politic (hopefully) in our midfield for next season along with Tutte, that's not a bad start.  Although 6 months ago I thought Crawford, Darcy, Politic and Sarcevic was a dream midfield that would rip up this league.  

20 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Lee and Politic (hopefully) in our midfield for next season along with Tutte, that's not a bad start.  Although 6 months ago I thought Crawford, Darcy, Politic and Sarcevic was a dream midfield that would rip up this league.  

Crawford, Darcy, Politic & Sarcevic is technically impressive but no real battlers or grafters for League 2.

13 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Got sacked at BWFC for drink driving. 

A few of us bumped into Ian in the hotel bar at the Moat House in Spring ‘96, he was very pissed but bought us a pint and told us a few stories, he was quite entertaining and in good spirits (pun intended). An hour or 2 later he said he was going for a “mooch” we didn’t think for a minute he meant he was driving for this “mooch” or that it involved taking in the delights of the Shiffnall St area.  I heard on the radio the day after that he’d been nicked for drink driving.

Never saw him again.

Edited by Burndens Bogs