Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Good to hear . All players are different and all coaches have different styles but this is encouraging 

It's a fine line though between mollycoddling an individual player to get the best out of him, and pissing off other members of the squad if they feel he's getting special treatment. Especially at this level.

• Members
1 minute ago, Cheese said:

It's a fine line though between mollycoddling an individual player to get the best out of him, and pissing off other members of the squad if they feel he's getting special treatment. Especially at this level.

That’s why man management is such a valuable skill 

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

That’s why man management is such a valuable skill 

Correct it’s a fine art to have good man management skills in any profession 

1 hour ago, Cheese said:

If someone's doing the business on the pitch it's not a huge issue if someone is acting the cunt.

The problems arise when someone's acting the cunt and NOT doing the business on the pitch.

Best case scenario is hopefully he'll knuckle down, do the business on the pitch and not act the cunt.

• Members
22 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Correct it’s a fine art to have good man management skills in any profession 

It’s about picking battles as well. It’s like kids, some kids you can shout at and they’ll respond, some will sulk. 
There’s a way to criticise without the hairdryer treatment 

2 hours ago, captainmed said:

MM with his Fendi head-band in training. 

:)

@Rudy

Do the other players not gang up on new signings anymore - to cut up or chuck on the roof etc. expensive fashion victim apparel such as the above? (As 'initiation' obviously, not with malice).

BTW, I'm sure MM is lurking here already - a cursory search of their site reveals Fendi don't do men's girly headbands, so it is actually a girly headband (or a knockoff).

Forgive me, but you've got girl's headwear on, you girly headed bastard.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

• Members
16 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

@Rudy

Do the other players not gang up on new signings anymore - to cut up or chuck on the roof etc. expensive fashion victim apparel such as the above? (As 'initiation' obviously, not with malice).

BTW, I'm sure MM is lurking here already - a cursory search of their site reveals Fendi don't do men's girly headbands, so it is actually a girly headband (or a knockoff).

Forgive me, but you've got girl's headwear on, you girly headed bastard.

Karaoke. Every new player has to sing a song in front of everyone. Some love it some just want to call their agent and tell them to do whatever it is to get them out of the club so they don’t have to do it 

• Members
Just now, Youri McAnespie said:

Rubbish.

Get their fancy-pants stupid clobber cut into ribbons.

Then paint their bollocks with pink gloss paint.

Full of snowflakes now. None of this Wimbledon crazy gang driving around with the new signing on top of the van roof 

9 hours ago, Whitesince63 said:

It’s a long time since we had someone unpredictable in the team and now we have both Mad and Arthur. What a shame they haven’t got 10,000 roaring them on. Hopefully they will soon.

Not comparing the relative talents, but for unpredictability we had Politic last season, and the couple of years previous, Ameobi.  For me they were a reason to look forward to games, however bad we were as a team.  Hopefully MM will be in the same category and in this division should be having a ball.

Agree on Politic Johnny, can’t wait for DP to join the squad again next season. If Maddison and Arthur prove what we hope, what an attack we would have. Like you and most other Whites fans, I was really looking forward to seeing DP this year and believe he’s been a massive miss for us. Likewise I’m really looking forward to seeing Maddison tomorrow because these are the type of players who put bums on seats. Even though we can’t go tomorrow, I expect the game to be the biggest one watched on iFollow by Wanderers fans.

• Moderators
On 05/02/2021 at 06:58, SalCity Biggie said:

Am I the only one wondering why no one is chasing after him to "celebrate" something amazing like this? Players used to mob the player who hit the cross bar on soccer am

Maybe it was his 16th attempt