Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

2 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Not counted our loan players tbh but if we'd had Jensen on the bench in place of one of our attacking threats (would have been Delf for me so shows what I know), it  would have been a perfectly balanced bench today

no need for both Tutte and Thomason on the bench.....Tutte done nothing wrong but he would have to be sacraficed if Thomason fit

• Site Supporter
On 09/01/2020 at 13:02, burnden said:

On 09/01/2020 at 13:35, Steejay said:

I hope we sign him and he scores 30 goals a season for the next 3 years.

However, as the article states, he's only scored 6 goals this season & he's found his level.

His knack was making a yard of space & getting a shot on target but it's not happening for him anymore.

£50 to charity from me if he ever scores 5 goals at league level. :good:

Fuckin Hell, against us too. The cunt.

Shows how much I know.

I'm a man of my word @burnden

PM me or refer me to a just giving page, sir. 😄

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, jeep said:

Surely Bloon Door?

Master of wit and repartee strikes but only three days late!

On 06/03/2021 at 10:15, MickyD said:

And the winner of the 2020/21 Bloon D’or...

42 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Master of wit and repartee strikes but only three days late!

I know. I couldn't be arsed reading all the thread. I should have known another genius would have spotted it.....

As John and Afolyan are out of contract in the summer ... & if they want to sign for us ongoing ... then having their contracts 'terminated by mutual agreement' and so signing them as non-contract players remains an option & reduces our loan count so we can have Jensen available, if only on the bench.

Just a thought.

Too big an "if" there, probably, but my mind's racing at the moment.

27 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

As John and Afolyan are out of contract in the summer ... & if they want to sign for us ongoing ... then having their contracts 'terminated by mutual agreement' and so signing them as non-contract players remains an option & reduces our loan count so we can have Jensen available, if only on the bench.

Just a thought.

These two are doing there chances of a move no harm and are in the shop window. There agent will be advising them to keep all options opened. John i will be amazed if we get him in. Without doubt the will be offers coming in for elsewhere.

Dapo not so sure. He is playing well in a decent lge 2 team but he has yet to score. Think we have a good chance of bringing him in.

In all honesty as good as John is we need to find a place for Thomason. Though i would love to bring them both in

It may well depend on what division we're in, I realise that. Plus geography.

John is Merthy born, started at Cardiff & currently at Swansea, but has played only 11 games for them & his contract is up.  He's moved around a bit (Barnsley, Rangers, Sunderland) so he's shown he's mobile. Only 25, he must believe he's at least Championship standard. 

Dapo. Harrow born so maybe the highlights of Bolton aren't a long term ideal for him, but he's here & been at Oldham & Mansfield. Solihull for 45 games prior to Spam signing him but he's never played for their first team and his contract is up too.

They are in the shop window and others will see the performances. I know. It's a while since such freshness has been so obvious & it's a delight to see. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

It may well depend on what division we're in, I realise that. Plus geography.

John is Merthy born, started at Cardiff & currently at Swansea, but has played only 11 games for them & his contract is up.  He's moved around a bit (Barnsley, Rangers, Sunderland) so he's shown he's mobile. Only 25, he must believe he's at least Championship standard. 

Dapo. Harrow born so maybe the highlights of Bolton aren't a long term ideal for him, but he's here & been at Oldham & Mansfield. Solihull for 45 games prior to Spam signing him but he's never played for their first team and his contract is up too.

They are in the shop window and others will see the performances. I know. It's a while since such freshness has been so obvious & it's a delight to see. 

Seem to recall John saying when he signed he saw himself as a championship player at least, though a lack of games at Swansea meant he was happy to join to get game time and put himself in the shop window.

Even with promotion I'd be surprised if we got him as a bigger/richer club could offer him more in wages, particularly as he is out of contract so no transfer fee.

3 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Just a thought.

They would've had to have been released before the close of the transfer window for us to be able to sign them on a free this season. 

1 minute ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Really ?

So much for my cunning plan. I still hate having no keeper on the bench.

Yep, otherwise you'd have players cancelling their contracts outside of the transfer window all the time, especially those running them down and not in their clubs' plans.

2 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Yep, otherwise you'd have players cancelling their contracts outside of the transfer window all the time, especially those running them down and not in their clubs' plans.

Is that not what Barrow have done in a roundabout way by putting injured, and players out of favour on furlough???

27 minutes ago, masi 51 said:

Is that not what Barrow have done in a roundabout way by putting injured, and players out of favour on furlough???

No idea what's going on at Barrow, but those players wont be able to go and sign for and play for another club this season will they?

6 hours ago, DirtySanchez said:

Seem to recall John saying when he signed he saw himself as a championship player at least, though a lack of games at Swansea meant he was happy to join to get game time and put himself in the shop window.

Even with promotion I'd be surprised if we got him as a bigger/richer club could offer him more in wages, particularly as he is out of contract so no transfer fee.

He's quality, no doubt about it, best left back we've had for years.  I'd say the "championsip, at least" is a bit generous, I'd go for "championship, at most".  The athleticism and pace of championship is different gravy to league one, from what I've seen so far I'd see him as above average league one and below average championship.  Miles better than Andy Taylor obviously but he should never have been at that level.  Not really tested defensively playing for us because we're in possession most of the time.  If we go up I don't think he'll get a better offer than us unless maybe an Ipswich or Pompey.

• 3 weeks later...