Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

Dapo is good enough for L1 without a doubt, put it this way, if he isn't playing, the opposition will be happy.

Depends upon who else is playing wouldn't it. I'd trust Evatt to get that sorted.

2 hours ago, Razaldo9 said:

Feel like Dapo could score loads if he just gets in at the back post more often, similarly whoever plays wide right. I'd definitely take him, hopefully with some competition so we can play whoever is in form.

Precisely. Been saying this for ages, and he said after Saturday that the manager had told him to get in at the back stick. 

He scored his goal, and hopefully that could be a bit of a turning point.

1 hour ago, burnden said:

I see Wycombe have released one of their keepers Ryan Allsop aged 28 , might be worth a look.

I’m sure he had a flair up with one of our kids in that first game. Wasn’t a good look

• Site Supporter

I'd back Dapo to keep improving under IE. I'd love him to be allowed to roam inside from time to time so he could get a run at centre half's. 

He can be frustrating but I've yet to see a more frustrating winger for us than David Lee but opposition teams hated facing him because he could be unplayable at times & Dapo has that potential. 

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

I'd back Dapo to keep improving under IE. I'd love him to be allowed to roam inside from time to time so he could get a run at centre half's. 

He can be frustrating but I've yet to see a more frustrating winger for us than David Lee but opposition teams hated facing him because he could be unplayable at times & Dapo has that potential. 

I think he does that anyway, but tends to loose it a lot.

There was a move in Saturday's game where John (I think) made an overlapping run, and Doyle just dropped off and played a lovely cushioned through ball through to him.

If he comes back, then I really hope he watches Doyle's movement, gets his head up and looks for little one twos as a means of getting in. A lot to learn, but if he's willing to add that intelligence and vision to his game, then we could have a player on our hands.

Certainly worth an approach, and I'm sure Evatt has it all in hand.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I think he does that anyway, but tends to loose it a lot.

There was a move in Saturday's game where John (I think) made an overlapping run, and Doyle just dropped off and played a lovely cushioned through ball through to him.

If he comes back, then I really hope he watches Doyle's movement, gets his head up and looks for little one twos as a means of getting in. A lot to learn, but if he's willing to add that intelligence and vision to his game, then we could have a player on our hands.

Certainly worth an approach, and I'm sure Evatt has it all in hand.

He could be our Raheem Sterling 😁

Wouldn't want Wheelchair Wilshere and Deeney would be way too dear for us.

Central defender Schindler from Huddersfield may be good, he's played in the Prem and our new technical director is ex Hudds so might have a contact there, again probably on big wages though.

Looking at most names on that list though, especially the under 30s players, I'd imagine they'll get some Championship offers. If we're gonna get anyone to drop a league I'd imagine it would be in the same way we got Lee in - someone who's been out injured and isn't getting game time and probably over 30.

If we can recruit some loans from the Premier League and Championship and bulk out the squad with some League 1 level players we'll be in good shape. Wonder if we'll get any signings out of left field.

Edited by Mantra

I'm confident we'll get John back, he's known Jones/MJ/Isgrove for years in the Welsh setup along with Evatt/Doyler from their Chesterfield days so he probably settled in easy with so many familiar faces. If a champ club comes in for him then fair enough but he needs to be playing week in, week out & that's what he will do here. Dapo on the other hand, hard to see West Ham keeping him on at his age but he may get offers from somewhere closer to his fam & friends like Luton/Charlton. Definitely would love him back on a permanent if things work out though as we need to be securing some talent of a certain age who have a good sell on value if they grow with the club e.g Santos/Thomason

3 hours ago, Blondi said:

We should be spoilt for choice this summer, plenty of Championship players will be available.

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/full-list-championship-players-set-20003512

Can't see Declan John's name on there. I thought it might be because Swansea are in the play offs but on checking there are plenty on the list from other teams that are. 🤔

1 hour ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

This

1 hour ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Good God. Could you imagine.

He's a great goalscoring centre-forward. Watford would be crackers to let him go. I guess his £pw will be high.

My other half and a mate are both Watford fans

Bar scoring penalties they don't reckon he offers much, though he is better than Andre Gray

Given they're back in the prem, I don't reckon he'll be getting much game time

He'll be way out of our price range

Just now, DazBob said:

I'm sure he's on the list.

He is mate that’s where I got him from, was just saying I don’t think many of them on that list will be realistic targets.

Huddersfield due to the tech director link possibly and maybe Sheff Wednesday players since were in same league now but I’d back them to go straight back up