Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

4 hours ago, Steejay said:

Strong link with Josh Sheehan, midfielder from Newport.

Made PFA team of the year & Welsh international.

And they offered him new terms, so he's not a cast off. 😁

some savvy person on here said 'i'd take Sheehan off Newport ' type of player we should be going for i reckon best of league 2 and some experienced league 1 . 

10 minutes ago, Breightmet Boy said:

George Johnston from Wigan, 22 year old defender just signed

Former Liverpool Reserve catain, moved to Feyenord & joined on loan for Wigan's great escape last January. Played 22 times.

A left sided centre-half but able to play across the back. Despite never having heard of him that's a decent pedigree for a 'one for the future'.

Now get John signed.

Gazumping that shower of shit is always welcome. That apart he's a good age and has experience at the relevant level. We needed another central defender and I'm pleased he's gone out and got one. Sheehan would be a good deal too. We're beginning now to see the shape of our transfer policy and I like the area of the market we're exploring. Good ages, hungry players looking to improve. 

18 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Tinpot cunts

Which, to be fair, is effectively what the young man himself said in his signing interview ...

“Being part of a massive club who are on the rise was something I was desperate to be involved with.

”One of the reasons why I came here was to help the club get back to where it belongs".

With which, of course, he's effectively saying "not like the tosspots I was with since January".