Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

• Site Supporter
9 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

I remember national treasure & all round twat Lineker, guffawing at Campo on his debut and reshowing some errors he made.

Moving him forward was a master stroke. 

Who was it on the SSN muppet show who described Campo as coco the clown or similar? Probably a Rodney Marsh slur

• Members
3 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Who was it on the SSN muppet show who described Campo as coco the clown or similar? Probably a Rodney Marsh slur

Yeah it was that tit. Before his tsunami “joke” 

Then never seen on tv again. Dickhead

• Site Supporter
15 hours ago, Mannyroader said:

Both were signed as CBs but proved to be ineffective there. Sam had the good sense to move them forward. Hierro had played DM before, not sure about Campo.

They also came from a country where the teams played in a different way generally. They were both far superior with the ball than just about anybody we've currently got.

2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

They also came from a country where the teams played in a different way generally. They were both far superior with the ball than just about anybody we've currently got.

Well yes both played for Real Madrid! Far superior in their day to most of Premier League today!

• Site Supporter
29 minutes ago, Max Cherry said:

Well yes both played for Real Madrid! Far superior in their day to most of Premier League today!

Fair point.

Would have loved to have seen Hierro a few years younger.

I remember some classless Everton player trying to hurry him off the pitch when he was subbed in his last appearance. 

5 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Fair point.

I remember some classless Everton player trying to hurry him off the pitch when he was subbed in his last appearance. 

aye think it was that skiprat Osman or similar bin dipper!

46 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Fair point.

It waa Duncan Ferguson. Utter disgrace. 

• Members
54 minutes ago, Mantra said:

Evatt in Bolton News article talking about letting a couple of the young lads leave on loan for development, specifically talking about the depth we have in midfield and forwards. Could be Darcy and Politic. 

Doubt it’s politic Darcy deffo 

30 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Doubt it’s politic Darcy deffo 

Probably right but Politic didn’t make the bench vs Barnsley and Darcy did and Politic has Bakayoko, Kachunga, Amaechi, Isgrove, Delfouneso for competition.

Darcy seems more flexible in his positioning, could play in those wide areas but also behind the striker.

I reckon politic could do a job as a 9 though.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Mantra said:

Probably right but Politic didn’t make the bench vs Barnsley and Darcy did and Politic has Bakayoko, Kachunga, Amaechi, Isgrove, Delfouneso for competition.

Darcy seems more flexible in his positioning, could play in those wide areas but also behind the striker.

I reckon politic could do a job as a 9 though.

Don’t think Politic is 100% yet so they might want him to stay here for a while.

Yep, Darcy needs to go on loan to L2 before he returns and shows us all that he’s the world beater that some people think.

BTW, your avatar is heresy. 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Steejay said:

Don’t think Politic is 100% yet so they might want him to stay here for a while.

Yep, Darcy needs to go on loan to L2 before he returns and shows us all that he’s the world beater that some people think.

As much as I like a big pair of busters I have to agree. 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Steejay said:

By crikey it  is too. I hadn't looked at the top half.

17 minutes ago, Black Sheep said:

Mclean - no thanks.

A vile shit of a human being & now quite to claim he's discriminated against. 

Evatt has created a magnificent all-for-one mentality. This tosser would rip it to shreds. He should go to Boston or NYC & play in front of other blinkered bigots.

19 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

Having played for the pie-men previously I imagine McLean will go there (Nixon is iinking him with them too). 

I think our need is more for an additional central striker rather than a further winger.

It depends on whether we expect Amaechi to play a part relatively soon. Neither Kachunga nor Baka are proper wingers, Politic is seemingly going to go out on loan and that leaves us with just Dapo and Isgrove.

I don’t want to see McLean here. The issues it would create are going to ruin what is being built at the Macron. 

the ironic thing is though as the ones who really hate him not wearing a poppy (his personal choice) are the same people who boo taking the knee 

• Site Supporter

I wouldn’t have McLean on the grounds that he’s just not better than what we have.

As for the poppy - why would he wear one? He’s on the “other side”. The Royal Legion don’t rely on donations from Cork or West Belfast, so I don’t honestly get the fuss.