Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

• Members
1 minute ago, burnden said:

Are we able to bring players in as a result of politic and darcy going out ?

Agree with all 3 of these going too.

I don’t think they free up space, as they’re under 22 I don’t think they counted anyways. 

The other three would though

the alternative is that we don’t register Comley or Crawford for League 2 games.

That’d mean there is space for new players but would mean if they didn’t get loaned or sold we’d just have two duds taking wages for doing nothing. Doubt Shaz would allow that but it is an option.

• Members
19 minutes ago, Mantra said:

the alternative is that we don’t register Comley or Crawford for League 2 games.

That’d mean there is space for new players but would mean if they didn’t get loaned or sold we’d just have two duds taking wages for doing nothing. Doubt Shaz would allow that but it is an option.

It’s really not. 

Two lads around the dressing room not being able to play competitive football. If they’re here they get registered simple as that 

6 minutes ago, Rudy said:

It’s really not. 

Two lads around the dressing room not being able to play competitive football. If they’re here they get registered simple as that 

as I said, I can’t see it happening but it’s an option on paper

12 hours ago, Rudy said:

It’s really not. 

To be fair he did exactly that with Hickman last season

18 minutes ago, Rudy said:

I like the man with the orthopaedic shoes stand corrected 

I agree in principle that it’s a bad place to be having players who can’t play hanging about though. I think Evatt would do again though if situation arises.

Is this about freeing up a squad place for another loan in ?

His age means he doesn't fill a quota point & his wages can't be high in footballer terms, but if he's not going to get any games he's best off in Burslem, which is not a phrase I've ever used before, nor expect to again tbh !

Apparently both have been given conteact extensions here before going on loan which is, in my view, the best option.

Maybe they'll make it back with us, maybe they won't but this gives them the chance to develop.

Meanwhile Luca Connell's available and Alex Samizadeh* is without a club. Clough is suffering from a hamstring injury & Páll Ólafur Snorrason has retired.

• Members
7 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Apparently both have been given conteact extensions here before going on loan which is, in my view, the best option.

Maybe they'll make it back with us, maybe they won't but this gives them the chance to develop.

Meanwhile Luca Connell's available and Alex Samizadeh* is without a club. Clough is suffering from a hamstring injury & Páll Ólafur Snorrason has retired.

Good business 

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Is jamie thomas at madrid?

3 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Offered extensions. Club haven't announced either being signed yet

1 hour ago, Biggish Dave said:

Duong Thach? Striker from Vietnam

That's the badger. Ta.

Gosh we're bursting for a success through the ranks aren't we !

Seems he's Swedish born, of Vietnamese extraction. Played one season (2009-10) for a Swedish lower division team, Syrianska of Kerburan.  Another one bites the dust.

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

That's the badger. Ta.

Gosh we're bursting for a success through the ranks aren't we !

Seems he's Swedish born, of Vietnamese extraction. Played one season (2009-10) for a Swedish lower division team, Syrianska of Kerburan.  Another one bites the dust.

This fella has an interesting story

Not sure if jules or his mate Steve mclaren said his injury was a real issue

https://www.planetfootball.com/in-depth/the-story-of-the-ex-england-prospect-who-has-found-a-new-home-in-asia/