Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

15 hours ago, Matt Lofthouse said:

Great news was getting worried for a bit. Cunt signs for cunts. 

A woman at work (Wigginer) came into the office this morning and said "that's a good signing for us isn't it" 2 Wigan fans ripped her to bits, one is an ex squaddie too, they are not happy at all, cunts

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, athywhite1958 said:

A woman at work (Wigginer) came into the office this morning and said "that's a good signing for us isn't it" 2 Wigan fans ripped her to bits, one is an ex squaddie too, they are not happy at all, cunts

Oh dear. 😀

6 hours ago, athywhite1958 said:

This story falls at 3 Wigan fans working together. Even in a Wigan area I find that hard to believe ha

2 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

McClean saying he was never going to sign for us, which is quite handy because none us wanted the cunt anyway.

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/football/wigan-athletic-ace-james-mcclean-says-there-was-never-any-chance-of-bolton-wanderers-move-3353523?amp

I'd like to go on record as saying that there is no chance I will agree to a date with Charlize Theron.

• Members
1 minute ago, bolton va va said:

Bad news that Bakayoko is out for at least 6 weeks.

I should think we'll have to bring another forward in ( can we ? or does somebody have to go out first ) or we'll be praying that Doyle doesn't get injured.

Think we needed another striker anyways so hopefully we’ll go and get one 

• Members
On 21/08/2021 at 01:10, Burndens Bogs said:

McClean saying he was never going to sign for us, which is quite handy because none us wanted the cunt anyway.

Funny hearing evatt call him out as a liar yesterday , said Mclean was mithering him for weeks after evatt told him we didn't want him :thumbsup: 

27 minutes ago, burnden said:

Funny hearing evatt call him out as a liar yesterday , said Mclean was mithering him for weeks after evatt told him we didn't want him :thumbsup: 

Well his Agent was! I wasn't really interested in League One was another quote from the meat head. Newsflash nob head no one in Championship wanted you either 

When Amaechi got injured initially I’m sure it said 6 weeks. Then on the latest BN article about Bakayokos injury it says Baka out for 6 weeks and Amaechi out for 2 months???

I was thinking a full back would be our priority, but now it looks like another forward. Or Politic is going to be coming back sooner than expected!

can’t see Delfouneso being much of an impact sub, and definitely not a starter. If anything I think he’d be more suited to playing up front trying to finish chances because he doesn’t look up to wing play anymore.

5 hours ago, Mantra said:

When Amaechi got injured initially I’m sure it said 6 weeks. Then on the latest BN article about Bakayokos injury it says Baka out for 6 weeks and Amaechi out for 2 months???

I was thinking a full back would be our priority, but now it looks like another forward. Or Politic is going to be coming back sooner than expected!

can’t see Delfouneso being much of an impact sub, and definitely not a starter. If anything I think he’d be more suited to playing up front trying to finish chances because he doesn’t look up to wing play anymore.

Politic only been an unused sub so far. If that carries on he might as well come back here. 

37 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

I think we do need one more central striker. 

Does anybody know if the loan market reopens for lower divisions sides beyond August 31? Some years it does, some it doesn't 

"The 2021 English football summer transfer window runs from 24 May to 2 September 2021. Players without a club may be signed at any time, clubs may sign players on loan dependent on their league's regulations, and clubs may sign a goalkeeper on an emergency loan if they have no registered senior goalkeeper available".

in short, it all stops at 11pm 2nd Sept. For loans as well.

Rather daft really. Premietship Clubs often carry huge squads. They can only name so many & so a lot of very capable players would be available for loan. If the EFL & Premiership close at essentially the same time (11pm 31st August for the Premiership) there's going to be a lot of players parked up & no-one to sign them.

The 2 day gap is going to be very busy.

27 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

"The 2021 English football summer transfer window runs from 24 May to 2 September 2021. Players without a club may be signed at any time, clubs may sign players on loan dependent on their league's regulations, and clubs may sign a goalkeeper on an emergency loan if they have no registered senior goalkeeper available".

in short, it all stops at 11pm 2nd Sept. For loans as well.

Rather daft really. Premietship Clubs often carry huge squads. They can only name so many & so a lot of very capable players would be available for loan. If the EFL & Premiership close at essentially the same time (11pm 31st August for the Premiership) there's going to be a lot of players parked up & no-one to sign them.

The 2 day gap is going to be very busy.

I'd go back to no deadline until mid March personally. Didn't realise it was September 2. Thanks for the info.

Deadline day just over a week away now. What's the best case scenario for us?

I'd say

OUT

Crawford permanently.

Comley on loan or permanently.

IN

Right Back

Striker

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Realistically can't see us shipping both out unless we're paying most of if not all their wages, and I'd imagine any further incomings will be loanees, unless they tear up their contract elsewhere. Surely some Scottish club would take Crawford off us, even if we let him go for nothing, it takes his wages off the table.

Right back would be good to compete with Geth, we obv have Brocky but looks like his versatility will hurt him as hes more seen as cover for all over the back if in a mini injury crisis. Add a little sprinkle of raw pace up top on loan to kill teams off in behind like Blackpool did with Ellis Sims last season & we dould deffo be up there.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

I'd love to see Kioso back.

He's not getting first pick at Luton & he'd fit 2 roles on the right and add true pace.

He's started their last 3 league games. They are playing him as a centre-back