Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Our biggest concern atm is the poor form of Santos - he has lost confidence and can’t pass a ball over 10 metres at the moment. Baptiste experience is missing as well and not sure Johnson is helping with Santos 

He's definitely not fully fit, he's looked a bit one paced so far this season. Once he's up to full speed we will look a lot steadier. 

• Site Supporter
6 hours ago, radcliffe white said:

Think people need to realise most players in our squad have reached their limit L1 max  probably 2/3 who could play any higher

some Good additions and yes mid table is about right maybe a cheeky play off spot who knows 

Not a clue 

bit how many of Holloway’s Blackpool squad went D4 to Prem?

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Our biggest concern atm is the poor form of Santos - he has lost confidence and can’t pass a ball over 10 metres at the moment. Baptiste experience is missing as well and not sure Johnson is helping with Santos 

Nobody on pitch could hit a barn door with a banjo Saturday 

Let’s put it down as a bad day eh 

• Site Supporter
5 hours ago, Rudy said:

He’s not looked himself but I don’t think he’s fully fit , Covid and a foot injury won’t have helped 

Not half.

The midfield situation is a conundrum as you've outlined, two attacking midfielders have both been good, but we're open defensively. 

I suppose IE may be happy to leave it alone, certainly for a while, whilst results are decent.

Whether or not he'd consider dropping one or a formation change to accommodate both, who knows.

45 minutes ago, Ratwhite said:

Not a clue 

bit how many of Holloway’s Blackpool squad went D4 to Prem?

It took 7 years to get from 4th tier to Prem....presume you mean from League 1, which they got out of in 2007.  3 years in the championship before promotion.  Only Ian Evatt and Keith Southern went from league 1 to play more than once in Prem.

We had quite a few that made the step up from 3rd tier to prem in the Stubbs/McAteer era.

11 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Darcy given a new contract, not quite moved on.

Sorry meant we have moved on to a point where Darcy is not in contention for first team (at moment, I really hope he improves to a point he is ready and Politic too)

Just think those championing him last season were jumping the gun a bit.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Farrelli said:

Bournemouth had a couple who did that I think, definitely that centre half. 

1 hour ago, wanderer1984 said:

Steve Cook

Quick wiki and this lot all played a decent amount of games from league one to PL 

cook, francis, Pugh, arter, daniels, elphick 

Don't think anyone did all 4 leagues, except Eddie Howe

• Site Supporter
12 hours ago, Max Cherry said:

Sorry meant we have moved on to a point where Darcy is not in contention for first team (at moment, I really hope he improves to a point he is ready and Politic too)

Possibly, though we're a bit skint, and Evatt isn't going to throw money at players he doesn't think can make it. He must feel the lad can have a future, maybe just needs games and to mature/strengthen.

The only other reason behind the contract would be to make sure he has transfer value, but that wouldn't be a lot, would cost money in the meantime, and doesn't appear to be Evatt's, nor the club's, way of doing things.

16 hours ago, Max Cherry said:

I don't think anyone was "championing" him, just suggesting he might be worth a go.

22 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I don't think anyone was "championing" him, just suggesting he might be worth a go.

TBH before Xmas we were that shit at times anyone was worth a go. He is a little lightweight at the moment but definitely got potential and so does Politic. Our management team seem to be making some good decisions since the January window; our squad is still a bit light though with these injuries 

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, Rudy said:

IE is asked about Wilshere & Sturridge

Slightly lazy journalism and very clickbaity but I would love to sign them if it didn’t break the bank

Very much doubt it though

TBF he was asked the question and gave a decent answer 

They'd be great signings 

There'll now be cries of FV Out though of we don't

24 minutes ago, Rudy said:

IE is asked about Wilshere & Sturridge

Slightly lazy journalism and very clickbaity but I would love to sign them if it didn’t break the bank

Very much doubt it though

Crazy stuff. We couldn't possibly afford them, they'd be severe fitness risks ... added to no pre-season they'd take ages to get up to speed for Evatt-ball.

They'd not see fitting into his style as their roles ... & the disruption to the current team ethic would be unsustainable. 

But, btf, at this level their talent would be overwhelming. 

• Members
16 minutes ago, Zico said:

TBF he was asked the question and gave a decent answer 

They'd be great signings 

There'll now be cries of FV Out though of we don't

Been a bit shrewd IE there, put the word out that he’d be interested but only if we could afford them. Basically I’d have them but they would have to be realistic with their demands. But if they’re serious about wanting to just play for L1 wages then let’s boogie

17 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Been a bit shrewd IE there, put the word out that he’d be interested but only if we could afford them. Basically I’d have them but they would have to be realistic with their demands. But if they’re serious about wanting to just play for L1 wages then let’s boogie

Agreed, despite all the caveats.

But between here & that London are a dozen Championship clubs & the same in the 3rd division.

Many far better able to stump up. But no-one appears to be doing.

These both spent a lovely 5 months here, a lifetime ago. I get that they enjoyed it & they feel fondly about us but there's no reason to see that affecting their decision making.

Exactly how many games would they go uninjured do you reckon.

2 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

These both spent a lovely 5 months here, a lifetime ago. I get that they enjoyed it & they feel fondly about us but there's no reason to see that affecting their decision making.

What will affect their decision making is money and once Wigan find out we’re interested, they’ll just offer silly wages.

• Members
1 hour ago, bwfc87 said:

Why does bn only show first paragraph then asking to subscribe? 

46 minutes ago, Tungsten3 said:

BN are short of money it seems. On buff podcast they push bn extras.

All the budget spent on Iles biscuits