Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

Comley unregistered, room for a free agent or two still

seems odd leaving him unregistered as there’s still 2 places left to fill and I think you submit your registration again in January, could be wrong on that. 

I can understand leaving one squad place not filled if you think there’s a chance someone might become free, or cancel their contract but two places… either a message to Comley to get out or maybe there’s a free agent in the wings we don’t know about

Edited by Mantra

25 minutes ago, Mantra said:

seems odd leaving him unregistered as there’s still 2 places left to fill and I think you submit your registration again in January, could be wrong on that. 

I can understand leaving one squad place not filled if you think there’s a chance someone might become free, or cancel their contract but two places… either a message to Comley to get out or maybe there’s a free agent in the wings we don’t know about

Watched the reserves at Hindley on Tuesday, Comley was shocking. Walking round the pitch, offering nothing and staying deathly quiet. When compared to how Thomason played and how vocal he was, Comley is not a patch on him or many more of our younger players. Was an eye opener, watching it so close and being able to listen to how the players talk during a game (or no, in Comleys case). Also evident that some of our younger players don't look like they'll be good enough to make the step up.

5 minutes ago, Wigan White pt2 said:

Watched the reserves at Hindley on Tuesday, Comley was shocking. Walking round the pitch, offering nothing and staying deathly quiet. When compared to how Thomason played and how vocal he was, Comley is not a patch on him or many more of our younger players. Was an eye opener, watching it so close and being able to listen to how the players talk during a game (or no, in Comleys case). Also evident that some of our younger players don't look like they'll be good enough to make the step up.

Any of the younger players catch the eye? Except for Brocky and Thomason

2 minutes ago, Mantra said:

Any of the younger players catch the eye? Except for Brocky and Thomason

In all honesty, only one stood out for me. The lad who came on at halftime for Brockbank (who had his thigh strapped up) called Tweedles, only a small lad but looked a cracking player from this outing. Not much upfront though and looked very lightweight as a team on the whole. Aimson didn't look up to much either, but may have been easing himself back into it from injury.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Mantra said:

Where's Rudy?

I’d take a gamble on Sturridge if he wants to play for 4k per week on a one year rolling deal - I highly doubt he’d take that amount though.

Wilshere, talented lad but even more injury prone than Sturridge and in an area of the pitch where we are already full.

Im sure there’s ‘better’ options out there when taking into account a resale value and room to develop and not an injury liability.

that Elanga we were interested in from Utd popped off during the international break

• Members
2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

😁

Couldn't resist!

Joking apart, can't help feeling that IE may have am iron in the fire.

He knows better than me and it makes sense if he’s got someone lined up. Doubt he’s not going to fill the spot 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

I liked Danns. Not the most exciting player but a good solid sqaud player.

Problem with his time was there was no fucker better to benefit from him.

Seems like a nice chap too.

My neighbour bumped into him when he was at Bury, and was apparently uncomplimentary about us.

On that basis, he can fuck off.

Liked Dannzy personally. Ran his bollocks off. Never rated him before he got to us, but I think he did well for a season or so at least and chipped in with a few goals  

Was disappointed he got booed when he played for other clubs, as I don’t feel like he did anything wrong and we chose to release him IIRC.