Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Too right.  Although we went to a whole new level of ineptitude this time last year

When we employ ... &, for a while, actually play a full back who doesn't know how to take a throw-in we really are plumbing new depths.

Crellin, I was dumbstruck.

However, tbf, after the Colchester (10 September) game I was putting Santos at this level also. I got that wrong then !

Hickman, White, Comley were bunched together in there. All of whom I had hopes for. Well, Hickman left to Kings Lynn. He left there & is playing in Dublin until November ... he'splayed twice so far. White has now signed on contract with Barrow, but not getting games. Comley has put up with a year of barely playing at any level ... I'm getting lower league Winston Bogarde vibes here.

• Site Supporter
52 minutes ago, Ani said:

Tbf there are players from Sams days that I forget played for us. 
Ian Walker in goal at Plovdiv watching other day on a link that came up on Facebook untill then I was clueless. 

Salva Ballesta.

Always thought he was decent but didn't get much of a sniff. Soon disappeared off radar.

24 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Did he sign deadline day with Borgetti and a name that slips me? 

https://www.gettyimages.no/detail/news-photo/boltons-new-signings-salva-ballesta-pierre-yves-andre-and-news-photo/1756596

only one of these bought the lads a bottle of JD in a Maltese night club. Top fella Laville. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter
27 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Salva Ballesta.

Always thought he was decent but didn't get much of a sniff. Soon disappeared off radar.

Was he the one who missed a sitter on the last day at Stamford Bridge 98? Went up in the away end and thought I was going to get lynched, instead they all started getting behind us, they wanted us to stay up rather than Everton 

Just now, desperado said:

Was he the one who missed a sitter on the last day at Stamford Bridge 98? Went up in the away end and thought I was going to get lynched, instead they all started getting behind us, they wanted us to stay up rather than Everton 

I was in the shed as well that day, think that was well before Ballesta signed. 

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Salva Ballesta.

Aye, he was top scorer in la Liga a couple of seasons before so had something about him

10 hours ago, Rudy said:

Did he sign deadline day with Borgetti and a name that slips me? 

Su9CWM8.jpg

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, BWFC_LOVE said:

I was surprised we didn’t take Yves-Andre on after that. Did a great job for us off the bench running the play down.

Convinced Salva would’ve come good had he got more game time. Seen him speak highly of us on Twitter and looks out for us. Good lad. 

Agreed. Impressed by both.

On 15/02/2017 at 20:08, Blondi said:

Delighted to sign for @OfficialBWFC Can't wait to give my all for the club and the fans and aid in the promotion push! 1f3c6.png

Article about him in the Business section of The Sunday Times yesterday.  He's making millions through his fashion business.  Says numerous managers including finally ours (Parky?) told him it was football or fashion.  Still only 29.  Started out in mens fashion but says women buy more clothes and are "experimental" so makes all his money there.