Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

3 hours ago, barrycowdrill said:

Whilst it’s come from absolutely nowhere and it’s a shock, looking at the bigger picture I’m not too fussed 

he’s an ok L1 player. A decent L2 player at best and whilst I liked him as captain, someone who always tried to lead by example, said the right things he won’t be a massive miss based on where we’re trying to get to.

Sheehan, Lee and MJ midfield is good enough 

I do agree he's average overall, but from a goalscoring point of view those 3 don't replace Sarcevic (add Thomason to that, who may get more chances now).  As bad as we played last 2 games Sarcevic came closest to scoring in both, even just coming on as sub, the others don't have the same scoring potential.  It brings our lack of goalscorers into sharper focus.

1 hour ago, waffer cup 07 said:

I think Santos as captain is a strange one. Very inexperienced at this level. I thought MJ Williams or Keiren Lee were the obvious choices.  

Santos and MJ have played a similar number of EFL games, in leagues 1 and 2, over 100.  Plus Santos 80+ for Barnet, and he's a year older.  Aside from that, its about personality on and off the pitch, Lee seems a quiet sort and obviously not an automatic pick.  Probably one reason Doyle has been overlooked.    

Sarcevic  played a big part in our promotion last season.Obviously moving up a league has showed some shortcomings mainly lack of pace & general mobility.However are we worse off now than before his ‘departure’ ? the answer has got to be yes. A thin squad just got thinner(no pun intended)

We have a fair number of games between now & January so my view is things might not go our way until we are maybe able to bring reinforcements in.

Thought Evatt’s comments were pretty inconsistent after the Plymouth game ie forget tippy tappy in the driving rain , but yet that’s how we started the game .So he must have told them his requirements before they went out for the first half?

The fact he wasn’t on the touch line bellowing out orders is neither here nor there despite his assertion that he had let the team down by being given the yellow card against the pie-gobblers.
Anyway we have to move on , let’s hope he can guide us through some tricky fixtures & that the squad are 100% behind him.

28 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Interesting, if nothing else.

FCT9ZnpXoAAx2_f?format=jpg&name=large

If you could just get up the same stats for every current first team squad player please Cheese!  Then we know who to get shut of sharpish.  BTW isn't it wierd how these win % stats ignore draws, as if draws aren't worth anything.  His injury time equalisers at Barrow and v Mansfield possibly got us promoted but count for nothing in the stats.

4 minutes ago, Take Hunt Off said:

hought Evatt’s comments were pretty inconsistent after the Plymouth game ie forget tippy tappy in the driving rain , but yet that’s how we started the game .So he must have told them his requirements before they went out for the first half?

he did

was told yesterday that sarce had gone/going to Stockport it came about after the game on Tuesday when players were watching the video of the game, Sarce was sat looking out of the window and words were said, don't know exactly what was said but along the lines well if you want to go, go, Sarce then rang agent and was in touch with Stockport and it was done.

the person who told me this was there and has never said anything about Sarce being disruptive or anything in fact he said IE would never drop Sarce as he was his favourite, so seems to me it's all the frustration and anger from two bad losses when emotions are running high, but unfortunately it's gone too far

19 minutes ago, big ben said:

he did

was told yesterday that sarce had gone/going to Stockport it came about after the game on Tuesday when players were watching the video of the game, Sarce was sat looking out of the window and words were said, don't know exactly what was said but along the lines well if you want to go, go, Sarce then rang agent and was in touch with Stockport and it was done.

the person who told me this was there and has never said anything about Sarce being disruptive or anything in fact he said IE would never drop Sarce as he was his favourite, so seems to me it's all the frustration and anger from two bad losses when emotions are running high, but unfortunately it's gone too far

If that that’s true I hope the cunt leaking gets sacked

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, big ben said:

the person who told me this was there

Player or other staff member?

I’m really pissed off about this. After a great start to the season, these last few results and more so this behind the scenes drama have left me feeling like the feel good factor has been erased

Rarely do these off field troubles act as a positive stimulus. It just seems to have come out of nowhere and for it to happen to your captain who has been backed publicly on many occasion by the manager is a further kick in the teeth. I’ll be surprised if this hasn’t got the squad split.  

IE has a massive job on his hands, as do the players who’ll have to pull themselves together after this upheaval. 

At least they have the opportunity to do their talking on the pitch tomorrow. Let’s hope they can turn this into a positive result, but I’m low on expectation now.

Well getting in from work and this news immediately popping up on my phone is certainly one of the more WTF moments following Bolton .

Sad to see him go and it doesn't seem so long ago since the winner at Lincoln and the Euphoria in the stands , the difference a few weeks make in Football .

But I.E has to be backed on this one , especially if it regards lack of discipline ,  more so from your captain .

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

Surely it's up to the club if they want to put a clause in any transfer arrangements 

Not allowed.

However, it is amazing how often a player will have a slight injury, if shortly after a transfer, he is to play against the selling club...

Not so sure that will apply now!

36 minutes ago, big ben said:

he did

So played at 7:45, couples later game over, warm down and get changed, then before a 4-5 hour journey the team watched a replay of the game ? 

Sure he did not mean Weds ?