Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I do agree he's average overall, but from a goalscoring point of view those 3 don't replace Sarcevic (add Thomason to that, who may get more chances now).  As bad as we played last 2 games Sarcevic came closest to scoring in both, even just coming on as sub, the others don't have the same scoring potential.  It brings our lack of goalscorers into sharper focus.

To be fair, Sheehan and Sarcevic both on 3 goals, plus Sheehan does set pieces

6 minutes ago, Cheese said:

No further than WanderersWays....

it was already announced that he signed for Stockport before anything was said on here, i was just making the point it seems to have happened in the heat of the moment but was so quick there's no going back

The disruption of this is something no team needs at anytime. 
When that player is your captain and a virtual ever present it seems worse.

It either points to a deeper issue in the club, players v manager or a row that got massively out of hand, neither of which are good.  

But if it is a deeper issue maybe we need take the pain to be able to move on. 
On Sarce as a player in a transfer window he is replaceable on the pitch. It might help Sheehan to be clear first choice and more balanced with Lee in there. Thomason can IMO come in, do Politic and Darcy return ? 
So it is a hassle we could do without, let's see the reaction tomorrow. 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, big ben said:

it was already announced that he signed for Stockport before anything was said on here, i was just making the point it seems to have happened in the heat of the moment but was so quick there's no going back

I thought the point you made was there being disquiet in the dressing room. That, you claimed, came from someone who was inside the group and bringing such info out.

1 minute ago, MickyD said:

I thought the point you made was there being disquiet in the dressing room. That, you claimed, came from someone who was inside the group and bringing such info out.

no need to be sarky obviously things were said but it's probably both of them taking the frustrations out on each other

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Ani said:

The disruption of this is something no team needs at anytime. 
When that player is your captain and a virtual ever present it seems worse.

It either points to a deeper issue in the club, players v manager or a row that got massively out of hand, neither of which are good.  

But if it is a deeper issue maybe we need take the pain to be able to move on. 
On Sarce as a player in a transfer window he is replaceable on the pitch. It might help Sheehan to be clear first choice and more balanced with Lee in there. Thomason can IMO come in, do Politic and Darcy return ? 
So it is a hassle we could do without, let's see the reaction tomorrow. 

Or a bad apple in the cart being discarded after one too many indescretions?

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, big ben said:

no need to be sarky obviously things were said but it's probably both of them taking the frustrations out on each other

Sarcy? Far from sarcasm. I’m merely pointing out the ‘point’ you claim to be making wasn’t actually the point you were making.

16 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Or a bad apple in the cart being discarded after one too many indescretions?

Sorry was not clear that was really what I meant by the 'take the pain and move on' really was not clear in what I wrote ! 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Mr Grey said:

Tutted ain't L1 standard, and he's injury prone. He got let go off Morecambe 2 seasons ago when they were languishing in L2. He isn't good enough... imo

We've signed plenty of players that weren't ripping up trees at lesser clubs who have done well for us. It's best to judge them in the present imo. 

51 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Until the full situation comes out (if ever) then it's difficult to assess whether it reflects well or badly on anyone.

If eitherof them was doing something they simply shouldn't, then maybe there was no alternative. 

Fair enough but its just 'fortunate' that getting rid is an option in league 1.  Any higher, and it would take some justifying to get rid of a valuable asset on a free.  If De Bruyne or Grealish punch Pep this weekend, they won't be sacked, and on a lesser scale if the fall out had been with Santos or Dapo, the club would be right to say we wait till January and get a good fee for them.  

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Fair enough but its just 'fortunate' that getting rid is an option in league 1.  Any higher, and it would take some justifying to get rid of a valuable asset on a free.  If De Bruyne or Grealish punch Pep this weekend, they won't be sacked, and on a lesser scale if the fall out had been with Santos or Dapo, the club would be right to say we wait till January and get a good fee for them.  

But if one of them had punched Evatt they would have to be put on gardening leave & clubs would know we were desperate to get rid so the fee might not be so good.