Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

• Site Supporter
10 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

And at the present he's still turd or injured. 

Not saying he isn't but what he did at previous clubs is irrelevant. Branagan was reserve keeper at Millwall, McGinlay wasn't pulling up trees there either but with the right manager they were top class for us. 

50 minutes ago, Traf said:

Players & managers fall out all the time. It usually ends in the player training with the reserves/youth team until the window opens and then he's moved out.

All that's different here is that we've saved ourselves at least 10 weeks of Sarce's wages.

In a perverse kind of way, many of our "fans" should be happy, based on the shit Sarce used to get off them.

And we didnt get a fee for him when he was in contract!

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, woolli said:

And we didnt get a fee for him when he was in contract!

Wouldn't have been worth much at all.

Not arsed over a few quid.

Time for a positive reaction from the players to show they are together. Another shitty display, and poor football would leave more questions being asked.

11 hours ago, little whitt said:

THIS looks like a young Nolan 

Nolan would have been bang Avridge 

but he played with world class players round him 

and that made him top class and a captain 

Avridge

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Marc505 said:

There does seem to be an awful lot of effort going into people normalising the fact that this has happened and acting like it's nothing.

It's an unprecedented event that raises all sorts of questions and concerns about what's going on! 

Anyway, COYWM desperate for a win today.

At some stage IE will have spoken to his bosses. 

He'll have known they'd back him before anything happened. 

3 hours ago, masi 51 said:

I cannot believe some of the comments on here yesterday from so called people in the know.

First of all i have no clue to what went on pre  the Wigan/Plymouth games.

What i do know is that you dont have a set too or hissy fit in the morning then sign a  lucrative 2 and a half year deal in the afternoon.

Think the offer would have been on the table for a while and it eventually got into Sarcevics mind.

I for one dont blame him for going its a business for players he owes us nothing and we owe him nothing.

He put on his instagram how he was proud to be captain and then something like "the sport is brutal" with the 🤐 emoji - clearly biting his tongue about something. 

Things can move fast in football, if the bust up was on Wednesday, then sorting out a contract by Friday is certainly possible.

Maybe the offer was on the table for a while but something must have been the catalyst.

Edited by Mantra

He was quite clearly the head of a little player clique. No issues with the team or members if it being united but there comes a point where player power starts to become a little too much of an influence. Whether it’s got aggressive, words were spoken or whatever is irrelevant. IE has gone after him and felt the need to break that little clique up. It’s not personal it’s for the greater good of the squad and club moving forward 

fact is he had 8 months left with as yet no contact from the club about a renewal so it’s fair to say the jury was still out from the clubs perspective 

he’s been offered a 2 and a half year contract on allegedly better terms where he lives and the club felt it was a good move for both parties

2 hours ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

Not saying he isn't but what he did at previous clubs is irrelevant. Branagan was reserve keeper at Millwall, McGinlay wasn't pulling up trees there either but with the right manager they were top class for us. 

Off topic but this is a common theory regarding SJM at Millwall that I’ve never understood. 

If Wiki is to be believed, he got 27 goals in 52 league games there. More than a goal every two games.

Before my time but what’s the deal? Presume their manager at the time just didn’t fancy him. 

Edited by BWFC_LOVE

18 minutes ago, BWFC_LOVE said:

Off topic but this is a common theory regarding SJM at Millwall that I’ve never understood. 

If Wiki is to be believed, he got 27 goals in 52 league games there. More than a goal every two games.

Before my time but what’s the deal? Presume their manager at the time just didn’t fancy him. 

Your right to be wary , looked through my Rothmans and his return was 10 goals in 29 games over a season and a bit . 

The season he joined us he started the first 6 games scoring 2 goals . I think he jumped at the chance to rejoin Rioch and in later interviews he spoke about how he wanted to play for us ( didn't stop the sod scoring against us though  ).

Edited by dusan nikolic

11 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Have Stockport paid his contract up with us?

If he's not been sacked and hasn't asked for a transfer, he's entitled to the remainder.  That would be a slap in the face if we've done that as well as missed out on a fee.

Quite possible it hasn’t cost us anything as a mutual termination, particularly as he’d have known he’ll get a decent signing on fee from Stockport (which still sounds utterly ridiculous btw)

• Site Supporter

If he was being flirted to somewhere on less money, then maybe some recourse. 

Surely however, if he's getting a wage rise, then how would that work?

He seems happy to have gone, and a free transfer on our part will have facilitated it, and maybe given him a signing on fee too.

6 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Quite possible it hasn’t cost us anything as a mutual termination, particularly as he’d have known he’ll get a decent signing on fee from Stockport (which still sounds utterly ridiculous btw)

Yeah, I'm assuming and hoping that's how it's been done.

The team have always seemed like a tight unit, with Sarc front and centre so I'm quite sad at this happening. Still, it'll all be forgotten if we win today.

3 hours ago, Duck Egg said:

Have Stockport paid his contract up with us?

If he's not been sacked and hasn't asked for a transfer, he's entitled to the remainder.  That would be a slap in the face if we've done that as well as missed out on a fee.

Sounds to me that there's been one humdinger of a fallout and they've agreed a mutually convenient termination of contract. He's walked straight into a place with Stockport.

I truly find moving down 2 divisions to be extraordinary.