Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

32 minutes ago, Mantra said:

Would be a statement if Shazza splashed out 250-500k on a striker.

He's in hot form, could really help us out. Still think our main issue is defending though.

Defending is a problem but a few more goals wouldn’t go  amiss. How many games have we failed to score but missed loads

3 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Defending is a problem but a few more goals wouldn’t go  amiss. How many games have we failed to score but missed loads

True and on a psychological level if we started finishing our chances more it would give us more of a boost and heads would drop for the opposing teams. So in that respect it might help us concede less goals.

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Mantra said:

True and on a psychological level if we started finishing our chances more it would give us more of a boost and heads would drop for the opposing teams. So in that respect it might help us concede less goals.

I'd agree if we weren't conceding first most games. 

6 hours ago, Mantra said:

We could always sign a defender as well. 

• Site Supporter
Just now, Rudy said:

Is there any reason why we think we’d able to get him though? Are they going to part with their top scorer on Jan? Is he out of contract in summer?

18 months to go on his contract.

It’s a fee if he signs.

2 hours ago, Rudy said:

Is there any reason why we think we’d able to get him though? Are they going to part with their top scorer on Jan? Is he out of contract in summer?

No idea if we can spend or not but I suspect no one does on here either.

What we do know is players at Morecambe want to move to Bolton as it’s a bigger move same division or not.

Lets see what Jan brings. 

• Members
9 minutes ago, tomski said:

No idea if we can spend or not but I suspect no one does on here either.

What we do know is players at Morecambe want to move to Bolton as it’s a bigger move same division or not.

Lets see what Jan brings. 

The rate my Mrs is ploughing money into Home Bargains I reckon BWFC’s finances are tip top 

• Members
17 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

When you think that Doyle scored 50% more league goals than Stockton last season folk might be getting a bit carried away with this one ?

It’s to have another option up top and completion for places. We are light in the CF role 

5 minutes ago, Rudy said:

It’s to have another option up top and completion for places. We are light in the CF role 

Assuming we keep Del at the end of his loan we will have him, Doyle, Tequilla , Dapo. and Bakayo plus Delfonso and even Politic so upto 7 for 3 places. Even without Politic and accepting Delfonso is not going to contribute enough our reason for signing has to be increased quality rather than numbers. 
I have been a supporter of Doyle but bad miss Saturday is Stockton the answer ? Depends on £££ I guess