Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

• Members
2 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Unless we offered him far less than the going rate?  Dapo and Kachunga aren't here primarily because their ambition was to play for BWFC above everyone else.

What would his going rate be, he’s L2 As it stands coming off the back of a bad injury. Is he worth the risk and contract? He’s not going to want one year and there will be higher offers 

Edited by Rudy

3 minutes ago, Rudy said:

What would his going rate be, he’s L2 As it stands coming off the back of a bad injury. Is he worth the risk and contract? He’s not going to want one year and there will be higher offers 

Hard to say, its down to opinions really.  Not sure he's league 2 any more than Dapo or Santos were league 2 last year, looked very much league 1 standard to me in the games he played for us (I accept his injury is now a factor unfortunately for him).  I'm not saying its right or wrong to keep him, just that if a player turns down a contact it doesn't mean he doesn't want to play for us, in his situation he's not likely to turn down bigger contracts to play for us (and a manager that seems a bit lukewarm towards him).

5 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

I would of thought the best course of action would be to welcome  him back in jan have a look at him see how he shapes up .    Then you can either release him or offer him a deal .

even ifs coming of the bench must be a better option than say delfouneso . 

Yep👍

6 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

I would of thought the best course of action would be to welcome  him back in jan have a look at him see how he shapes up .    Then you can either release him or offer him a deal .

even ifs coming of the bench must be a better option than say delfouneso . 

I don't think I've ever met you, but you're possibly a better option off the bench than Delfouneso right now. His head/heart have gone.

• Site Supporter

Having thought about it some more: it's a no brainer to bring him back.

Have a look, and a place on the bench initially. 

If he succeeds, and its felt he's worth upgrading his offer the great, don't need to go looking elsewhere. 

If he doesn't succeed, or indeed sulks or makes it clear he's not staying, then find we again know where we stand. Nothing lost.

Lad got injured.

We extended his contract and looked after him.

We sent him out on loan to get games/fitness

Whilst on loan, he has declined returning the contract extension compliment.

Bring him back, play him at hartlepool and if his attitude is OK, get him on the bench for the Ipswich game.

If he's not right, make him spend the last 6 months of his contract cleaning the bogs in ESL, the ungrateful bible-bashing cunt.

• Site Supporter
48 minutes ago, Traf said:

Lad got injured.

We extended his contract and looked after him.

We sent him out on loan to get games/fitness

Whilst on loan, he has declined returning the contract extension compliment.

Bring him back, play him at hartlepool and if his attitude is OK, get him on the bench for the Ipswich game.

If he's not right, make him spend the last 6 months of his contract cleaning the bogs in ESL, the ungrateful bible-bashing cunt.

Pretty much.

Certainly worth having a look and maybe a chat.

An opportunity for Evatt to practice his "man management".

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

He's clearly a defensive type, doesn't score goals. Playing alongside MJ or instead, what do WW folk think?

He'll fit into this team then!  

Difficult to comment on a player I've never seen so I'll trust IEs judgement.  The signings I'm looking forward to seeing in Jan are those with the potential to increase the goals for column indirectly or directly.  No disgrace in conceding 1 goal away at Cambridge, Sheff Wed, Sunderland, Pompey, Wycombe, Accy.  Its the consistent "nils" that IE will be looking to address.