Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

There's a recent doc on you tube (I know but this sounds plausible) top earning non league players. Sarc makes the top 5 they reckon he's on £3k a week. Stockport also paid Fleetwood £250k for Paddy Madden who they reckon is on £3,500 a week. 

Not surprising but Stockport & Wrexham dominate the top 5. Mullin & Ben Tozer on £4k a week and the defender signed  from Carlisle  on £3k a week! 

Think about that! in every other country in the world I reckon leagues below the top 2 are part time at best. Here we are paying non league players about £180k a year!!. WTF. 

Really hope Stockport & Taff's don't get promoted after watching that! You had Fylde throwing stupid money about not so long ago and Rooney at Solihull is on a good wedge. Crazy 

• Members
6 minutes ago, Max Cherry said:

There's a recent doc on you tube (I know but this sounds plausible) top earning non league players. Sarc makes the top 5 they reckon he's on £3k a week. Stockport also paid Fleetwood £250k for Paddy Madden who they reckon is on £3,500 a week. 

Not surprising but Stockport & Wrexham dominate the top 5. Mullin & Ben Tozer on £4k a week and the defender signed  from Carlisle  on £3k a week! 

Think about that! in every other country in the world I reckon leagues below the top 2 are part time at best. Here we are paying non league players about £180k a year!!. WTF. 

Really hope Stockport & Taff's don't get promoted after watching that! You had Fylde throwing stupid money about not so long ago and Rooney at Solihull is on a good wedge. Crazy 

The cost of risk is less than what they’d make if the gamble pays off 

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, Max Cherry said:

I've heard on good authority that mullin is on 9 a week

24 minutes ago, Max Cherry said:

How long before one of them is broke again 

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

The cost of risk is less than what they’d make if the gamble pays 

10 minutes ago, waffer cup 07 said:

Not long if Stockport aren't promoted this season.

Yeah really hope one or both don't go up. Mullin is a massive gamble on that wage. Yes he will score goals at that level but so would plenty of others for much less wonga. Not as if his record is anywhere near last season 

Maybe its 150k up front 150k with games/goals, surely we haggled a bit & didn't accept the first number thrown about. He's the type of player who could be worth a few mill like Dapo if he has a good run though. Fast, dynamic, high work rate, interchangeable across the front line & added goals to his game he definitely fits the bill add to that his high dribbling stats for carrying the ball he's much more than just a poacher. We probably could have waited to the summer to get him on a free but he probably would have better offers on the table at that point &  thats if nobody else came in for him this month if we hadn't bit on the bait first. Evatt probably sees him as a perfect fit & doesn't want to risk missing out on him. Lots of clubs were meant to be in for him from the CH but it seems Stoke were the ones with serious interest. Surely this is the end of Del Boy now though as we will have Dapo, Dion, Kacha, Baka, Doyler, Izzy & Xav if he extends fighting for 3 spots. Hopefully this is a kick in the arse for Doyler too who despite his selfless work rate his final product is seriously hindering the team

I have never understand why a selling club wants add-ons for a players future performance, i.e. goals scored/promotions etc. Why would you take the risk? Just ask for the value you want.

I don't mean future sell on clauses, just to be clear, that's self explanatory

Edited by JimmyRiddle

• Members
1 hour ago, JimmyRiddle said:

I have never understand why a selling club wants add-ons for a players future performance, i.e. goals scored/promotions etc. Why would you take the risk? Just ask for the value you want.

I don't mean future sell on clauses, just to be clear, that's self explanatory

Because they probably don’t have the money or the valuation and the offer are too far apart 

I’d be surprised if the fees quite that high but then if you compare potential loan fees for a young PL player, there’s probably not much difference other than we don’t have to give him back in the summer. I trust the club to do the right deal and hopefully the lad will come in and hit the ground running and whatever we pay will prove to be a bargain.

Edited by Whitesince63