Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

3 minutes ago, embankment said:

Mmmm , not convinced. 

Mr Iles would have announced it yesterday 

😂😂 if we had a leaderboard of ITK from posters on here and thumb head he wouldn’t even be mid table. He’s a mile off the pace at the best of times. 

im not saying he has defo gone btw. Until its announced by the club it ain’t set in stone. Was more aimed at our esteemed journo

Edited by Escobarp

9 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

Best wishes to Doyle from me, he played a huge part in last season's promotion & even if he's not had the same impact this season, we've been a better team when he's played, he's been our best frontman by a mile & there's never been any doubt about the effort he puts in.

If he's gone, it leaves us desperately short upfront for now, but if we can use his saved wages & recruit well, it might be for the best longer term.

This is pretty much where I'm at.

31 minutes ago, Werder barmen said:

dont think his head has been in it since sarce left really

deffo still think something went on

I think so too, would love to know the full story and what was really going on leading up to and after Plymouth. But, managers and players have fall outs and we move on. I wish him the best, helped bring a lot of joy to some dark ifollow times last season.

If you'd have said in August that by January our captain would be playing in non league and top scorer would be in Ireland...

2 hours ago, bolton va va said:

Best wishes to Doyle from me, he played a huge part in last season's promotion & even if he's not had the same impact this season, we've been a better team when he's played, he's been our best frontman by a mile & there's never been any doubt about the effort he puts in.

If he's gone, it leaves us desperately short upfront for now, but if we can use his saved wages & recruit well, it might be for the best longer term.

Really sorry to see him go if this does happen. Wish him nothing but the best.

Edited by Dr. Feelgood

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, kent_white said:

If he does go - him getting off the team bus at the end of last season and appearing at the window is right up there with my best memories as a Bolton supporter. 

Good luck to him! 👍👍👍

Aye, managed to get off the bus, in and on the piss well before others had disembarked. 

Doyle seemed to be playing a different game to the rest of the team with what I’ve seen of him this season.  His play was to try and rush the back four into playing the ball forward, and that was it, he was ineffective up front.   Wish him all the best, but we are screaming out for goals as we put enough decent crosses in without any joy most games.   

• Site Supporter
Just now, Breightmet Boy said:

Doyle seemed to be playing a different game to the rest of the team with what I’ve seen of him this season.  His play was to try and rush the back four into playing the ball forward, and that was it, he was ineffective up front.   Wish him all the best, but we are screaming out for goals as we put enough decent crosses in without any joy most games.   

It's funny, because for much of he season I've felt we were too slow to put crosses in and they lacked quality.

Some signs of that changing more recently though.

7 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

It's funny, because for much of he season I've felt we were too slow to put crosses in and they lacked quality.

I’ve seen plenty of sensible crosses from the wings what a half decent striker would capitalise on, just nobody in the space it was put.  Doyle’s miss at Accrington put the icing on the cake for me, he won’t get many more chances as easy to bury than that.

25 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Agreed.

The amount of times we've been in position to put a cross in first time only for us to take a touch is infuriating. And when we do get it in, too often it's either overhit or floated in.

27 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

So if Doyler can go to St Pats for Saturday, does that mean Charles can come in for us? The window is open after all and all the spadework for the deal could have been done before.

Can't see Charles being thrown in at the deep end if we do sign him tbh, he's not played first team football for most of this season, pretty confident Evatt will sign another striker too, especially if Doyle goes, can see Cole Stockton coming in as well as Charles.