Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

Good luck to him and just right for what we needed last season . Hopefully another striker is in the pipeline , I've still got a sneaky suspicion regarding  Cole Stockton from Morecambe but who knows. The letter from Doyle was a touch of class BTW.

Edited by dusan nikolic

• Members

Right the service Doyle gave this club we couldn’t stand in his way while we buy a second striker that’s not how it works

We did the business early got a striker in, we let Doyle go, if we get another striker (if we are even in for one) then bonus then if not that’s how it goes 

Id rather keep our powder dry for the summer then buy some unproven chancer at this level

Be patient 

10 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Right the service Doyle gave this club we couldn’t stand in his way while we buy a second striker that’s not how it works

We did the business early got a striker in, we let Doyle go, if we get another striker (if we are even in for one) then bonus then if not that’s how it goes 

Id rather keep our powder dry for the summer then buy some unproven chancer at this level

Be patient 

The service he gave us

Was it even 18 months? 

3 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Ive set up a go fund me to build a statue of Doyle next to Nats. 

I also think we could name an executive area of the ground in honour and free Guinness shall be served with potatoes.

DM me and Ill post the link. 

We're gonna need a bigger boat

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

Fair play to the lad, got us promoted last season.

With fans in, hed have been a cult hero forever.

A bit short at our current level, especially the way we play.

Decent lad, decent career, go and enjoy yourself over there and bag a few more.

Not so sure. Was on course for 15 this season with only 1 better return in last couple of decades which was him last season. 

Never felt we played to his strengths and I think he worked hard to score what he did.

Wish him well like most and thank him for his service.

That said when you make the decision that you’d play for St Patrick’s over us regardless of reasoning it’s time to go.

Fairly sure Evatt said after signing Charles if Doyle goes then we replace.

4 minutes ago, gonzo said:

I also think we could name an executive area of the ground in honour and free Guinness shall be served with potatoes.

Aye, what next people calling him a 'legend' !!

38 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Where do I sign up?

• Site Supporter

Doyle was a good signing in his time and just what the club and fans needed. A goal scoring  focus when we weren't in the ground and someone we ( inL2 ) could rely on. Him and Sarcevic gave us real hope for the future. Both have gone now, they both have done what we got them in for.

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Francis Fogarty said:

Doyle was a good signing in his time and just what the club and fans needed. A goal scoring  focus when we weren't in the ground and someone we ( inL2 ) could rely on. Him and Sarcevic gave us real hope for the future. Both have gone now, they both have done what we got them in for.

100% ✔️

10 minutes ago, Francis Fogarty said:

My thoughts entirely and I wish Eoin well.

Sarce can fuck off, the wonky-eyed fat Manc cunt.

3 hours ago, Kane57 said:

The service he gave us

Was it even 18 months? 

Good grief.

Anyway, farewell & thanks for all the fish (or goals).

I do find it odd that he'd drop from us to go to a pub league, then again I found it odd that he dropped from promoted Swindon to relegated us 18m ago.

However well, or not, it was going he never messed about & never failed to put a shift in.

Maybe one day the Sarcevic (&, I assume, Doyle) story will come out. For sure there was a big fall out with Evatt ... & one that has cost us.

Anyway, best wishes, thanks & now ... on we go.