Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

23 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Maybe one day the Sarcevic (&, I assume, Doyle) story will come out. For sure there was a big fall out with Evatt ... & one that has cost us .

This is it in one .

And I reckon it was all about fannying about with the ball 15yrds from our own goal.

Doyle leaving is a great move. Giving him a three year deal in Summer 2020 at his age was always a calculated gamble. It's paid off - he did the job for us in League 2 but we need better in League 1 and to where we aspire to travel. He's done his job. 

There's a few more we need off the books in the next six months to create space to build the quality of squad required. 

52 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

Doyle leaving is a great move. Giving him a three year deal in Summer 2020 at his age was always a calculated gamble. It's paid off - he did the job for us in League 2 but we need better in League 1 and to where we aspire to travel. He's done his job. 

There's a few more we need off the books in the next six months to create space to build the quality of squad required. 

Why is it a great move? We replaced him with someone who hasnt played for three months and as cost us 320,000 in the process, weve got no fee for him, a 2nd contracted player we havent got a fee for, which has never happened before  as far as can remember in the 53 years supporting Bolton. Great move? Really?

1 hour ago, paulhanley said:

My thoughts, we could’ve been left with him for another year to run on a good wage and him struggling at this level

21 minutes ago, woolli said:

Why is it a great move? We replaced him with someone who hasnt played for three months and as cost us 320,000 in the process, weve got no fee for him, a 2nd contracted player we havent got a fee for, which has never happened before  as far as can remember in the 53 years supporting Bolton. Great move? Really?

You have to put it into context he is 33 he’s a good league 2 player, we need league 1 or better standard, We need Doyle off the books and we ain’t doing that if we hold out for a fee, not that anyone paying a fee for him, the lads got a 3 year deal back home so it suits both parties. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

1 hour ago, paulhanley said:

That's the way I see it - and the same with Sarce. Those two were on eye watering money for league 2 - perhaps a bit less so for league 1. But for a player of Doyle's age in particular - another 18 months or so on £3000+ a week could be much better spent. 

He came - he did what we hoped for and now he's gone. Question is where do we build from here.

56 minutes ago, woolli said:

Because he's 33 and not up to the standard we need. 

• Members

Just having a nosey about this Cole Stockton from Morecambe, on their forum they value him at £1m.

I’m calling bollocks on that but he has a 1:3 goal to game ratio for them so I think it would be closer to the £500k mark

9 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Just having a nosey about this Cole Stockton from Morecambe, on their forum they value him at £1m.

I’m calling bollocks on that but he has a 1:3 goal to game ratio for them so I think it would be closer to the £500k mark

Id masturbate furiously if we got him.

• Site Supporter

Can see both sides of the Doyle argument. But we are seriously lacking on goal threat.

Baka and Kachunga misfiring, Dapo out of sorts and Pottymouth unproven for us yet.

Kabongo Tshimanga would make me do some love wee..

• Members
1 hour ago, gonzo said:

Id masturbate furiously if we got him.

Think it was gossip talk linking us with him but he’d be a great fit 

1 hour ago, Ratwhite said:

Can see both sides of the Doyle argument. But we are seriously lacking on goal threat.

Baka and Kachunga misfiring, Dapo out of sorts and Pottymouth unproven for us yet.

Kabongo Tshimanga would make me do some love wee..

We linked with him?

Hindsights a wonderful thing in that we could have had either or both of Stockton & Tshiminga on frees this summer just gone. They're in very high demand now & are going to demand hefty fees which I can't see happening at all. 

1 hour ago, waffer cup 07 said:

Kachunga played in the Premiership with Huddersfield. Ameachi, good pedigree, not had a proper run in the 1at team to form any opinion. Bako, the same due to injuries. Maybe you should look at players who regularly play and under perform.

Baptiste played in the premier, completely irrelevant! I was referring to forward players.