Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

12 hours ago, Zico said:

What do you do when you're the richest club in the world? 

Bid £20m for Chris Wood

Spose it'll weaken Burnley 

Maybe that's the plan

Decent old-style centre-forward is Woods. But not the marquee signing you'd expect by the richest club in the World.

Maybe perspective and how you view things is different when you're face is as stretched by multiple face-lifts as Amanda Staveley's.

11 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Decent old-style centre-forward is Woods. But not the marquee signing you'd expect by the richest club in the World.

Maybe perspective and how you view things is different when you're face is as stretched by multiple face-lifts as Amanda Staveley's.

Buying Wood doesn't scream "We're here to invest heavily", does it?

And yes, she's horrific. Looks like Aslan.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Seriously though. Are there any tough tackling, energetic players out there still?

I'm convinced part of the issue is the style with which they're expected to play.

We could bring in some no nonsense types, but they wouldn't fit it with the Evatt way. 

We know he loves the way Pep plays, but all city's players work their bollocks off to get the ball back ASAP. That includes their front players; they don't have to be there world's best tackler, just willing to get into their opponents' faces.

Very few of ours seem to want to compete toe to toe.

Worries me a bit that prospective signings can see what we see.

• Site Supporter
14 hours ago, Zico said:

What do you do when you're the richest club in the world? 

Bid £20m for Chris Wood

Spose it'll weaken Burnley 

Maybe that's the plan

That’s the only explanation. It was quoted as £25m on Sky Sports News last night. Perhaps a small price to pay to ensure Burnley join Norwich as a certainty to be relegated. Just need to purchase a couple of Watford players and bingo, send them down as well. 

• Site Supporter
16 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Seriously though. Are there any tough tackling, energetic players out there still?

Aren’t the refereeing standards ensuring ‘tough tackling’ players (think Kevin Davies type) become a thing of the past? 

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, masi 51 said:

Other clubs supporters rave about Dempsey at this level and in Morley we now have someone  who can deliver a set ball

Jones now back and Evatt in the market for a keeper..........Lets look at the team Feb 1st onwards

Hopefully you're right, but these chaps are arriving into a team with no confidence and no great identity.

We shouldn't be dismissing games before then and have to show for more in them.

29 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I'm convinced part of the issue is the style with which they're expected to play.

We could bring in some no nonsense types, but they wouldn't fit it with the Evatt way. 

We know he loves the way Pep plays, but all city's players work their bollocks off to get the ball back ASAP. That includes their front players; they don't have to be there world's best tackler, just willing to get into their opponents' faces.

Very few of ours seem to want to compete toe to toe.

Worries me a bit that prospective signings can see what we see.

I make you right. You have to be ridiculously good to carry off the style of play and be fitter and stronger than your opponent. You invite trouble, its up to you to deal with it. City can mix it as well as anyone.

Hes asking the wrong players to do the wrong thing. Only new recruits can change it, because he isnt going to.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, gonzo said:

I make you right. You have to be ridiculously good to carry off the style of play and be fitter and stronger than your opponent. You invite trouble, its up to you to deal with it. City can mix it as well as anyone.

Hes asking the wrong players to do the wrong thing. Only new recruits can change it, because he isnt going to.

I think so.

It's bloody hard for blokes who perhaps aren't technically proficient enough to play the Evatt way. Maybe they were for league Two when we got them in, and maybe the new ones are for this league.

I do believe that the players we have could do a job in this league, but that may require a change of approach from the manager, which doesn't seem likely.

• Members
9 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

No loss. Can we not terminate his contract get his shirt back and sign someone else. 

It kinda is though. Look at our bench last night it’s so light and lacking it’s concerning, where was Amaechi last night?

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, gonzo said:

Not sure on his tackling ability. But the mere fact that Dempsey is Gillinghams captain suggests he has some leadership qualities - which is something badly missing in our side at the minute.

• Moderators
Just now, Mounts Kipper said:

Do you think so!!! What has he actually done, score or create! Nowt. I’d prefer we got someone in the window to replace. 

after he bagged a couple of goals v stockport it seemed to bring out he best in him - looked good v Doncaster and Cheltenham, scored a couple and set one up for Doyle

was starting to look the part, then this

bit shite really

but I don't think cancelling contracts when players get injured is a good way to go about managing the team

2 minutes ago, Zico said:

after he bagged a couple of goals v stockport it seemed to bring out he best in him - looked good v Doncaster and Cheltenham, scored a couple and set one up for Doyle

was starting to look the part, then this

bit shite really

but I don't think cancelling contracts when players get injured is a good way to go about managing the team

Just small flashes in the pan his overall contribution is poor. We need better than him. Get someone in now if possible and look to get shut in the summer. Perhaps we have his replacement already here in Amaechi, if so try get a loan signing in to cover. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper