Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Kachunga's injury is a shame as he had turned a corner whether the "I don't mess around, me" gang can see that, or not.

As for 'get rid', the guy has a contract.

to be fair, so did Sarce and Doyle

I guess the difference is they wanted out and had a new gig lined up

• Members
10 minutes ago, Rizlar said:

We won’t miss Kachunga he as been extremely disappointing considering that he as played at a higher level than league 1 or is it that IE never utilised him correctly.

How would you have utilised him?

28 minutes ago, Rizlar said:

We won’t miss Kachunga he as been extremely disappointing considering that he as played at a higher level than league 1 or is it that IE never utilised him correctly.

I'm absolutely baffled by takes like this.

It's taken him a while to get himself going but I'd say he's comfortably looked out most dangerous and consistent attacking threat for a while now, it's a huge miss, especially considering the alternatives we currently have at our disposal. 

I certainly won't be one defending Evatt at the minute, but not really sure the use of attacking players is a point that you can criticise him for. 

5 minutes ago, TrickyTrotter said:

Waste of everyone's time this. 

Need experience  not more kids that can't command an area or organise a defence.

Dropped by Accrington after 11 games? Not sure how that translates to helping us, might as well keep our own lad on the bench.  

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, meanderson93 said:

I'm absolutely baffled by takes like this.

It's taken him a while to get himself going but I'd say he's comfortably looked out most dangerous and consistent attacking threat for a while now, it's a huge miss, especially considering the alternatives we currently have at our disposal. 

I certainly won't be one defending Evatt at the minute, but not really sure the use of attacking players is a point that you can criticise him for. 

He has looked our busiest forward, hustling defenders & probably our best ball carrier but I think threatening is stretching it somewhat. 

2 minutes ago, meanderson93 said:

Need experience  not more kids that can't command an area or organise a defence.

Dropped by Accrington after 11 games? Not sure how that translates to helping us, might as well keep our own lad on the bench.  

Yeah, don't understand this either, was really hoping we were going to sign an experienced keeper to push Dixon, can't see this happening now.

• Members
9 minutes ago, meanderson93 said:

Not even seen him play and you’re writing him off, assumptions based on the square root of fuck all

Its competition and backup and a player who’s played in this league

What more do you want?

Edited by Rudy

1 minute ago, Rudy said:

Not even seen him play and you’re writing him off, assumptions based on the square root of fuck all

Its competition and backup and a player who’s played in this league

What more do you want?

A goalie who knows the ropes & can command his box & organise his defence would be a start

6 minutes ago, Take Hunt Off said:

Don’t be clever , Gilkes is past it as well you know.

There has to be some availability of an experienced keeper out there sat on the bench who might like to actually participate.

Declan Rudd is currently sat on Preston's bench behind a lad on loan from Leicester. 

Only 30, have to think he'd be the type you can tempt into playing games.