Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

17 minutes ago, gonzo said:

As well as being convinced our current shower of shit are capable of carrying off Barcelona 2008 style football on cold tuesday nights in random towns across the north of England.

That's my problem with us at the moment. He seems to have abandoned that style from last year. Or maybe we're just finding it harder to implement with the current squad and at this level. 

Just seem a bit of a mish mash of ideas as things stand?

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Mr Grey said:

Bit like our full backs, great bombing forwards, but the first thing they should be doing is f*****g defending, both goals on Tuesday, both full backs were ball watching after bombing further up the pitch, especially Fozzy bear for the 1st goal, and very rarely do our full backs create chances.

We need to be going back to basics as a team.

Thing is, our full backs are expected to be everywhere. The wide players, getting forward and putting crosses in.

They do need help from time to time!

For me, this is one of the things opponents see- once they've pushed up they press at the right time, and get beyond our midfield and into wide areas. Full back areas left without adequate protection. 

On 12/01/2022 at 14:42, meanderson93 said:

Waste of everyone's time this. 

Need experience  not more kids that can't command an area or organise a defence.

Dropped by Accrington after 11 games? Not sure how that translates to helping us, might as well keep our own lad on the bench.  

Totally agree. An old experienced head organising those in front of him got us out of tier 4, after IE dropped a bollock for the first half of the season persevering with a kid throwing it in his own net every week. 

1 hour ago, Traf said:

It's great that the lad wants to come here and that City trust us to look after him and he talks a good game, but it's an underwhelming signing for me and doesn't address the issue correctly.

Just wish City would chuck in a goal machine and a nasty centre half 

1 hour ago, Traf said:

At the risk of perpetuating this circular conversation...

Evatt saw Crellin & Dixon as good keepers, so yes he does see something different to 90% of us.

Gilks recommended Crellin.

And Dixon probably was good for Evatt at Barrow. League one seems a step too far for him currently though and I agree the GK position doesn’t seem to be Evatts forte

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Can’t say I’m too bothered about it as I don’t think Dixon is our biggest problem but I also don’t think he’s the best keeper we could have.

However, maybe Evatt wants Hutchinson to go out on loan again, but possibly to L2 or National League, and therefore continuing to increase the experience of one of our own players;

Its difficult to imagine a manager of a professional team being convinced that a young lad who's never made a league appearance is good enough to be their no.1.  If he was that good at this stage, he should be good enough to sit on our bench and put pressure on a league 2 standard keeper.  If he goes anywhere this month surely it can't be higher than National League North (Chorley for eg, 1 above Colls league). 

Don't want to write somebody off without seeing them play in the flesh & very much hope that he's top notch then signs permanently in the summer in a perfect world. That being said Evatt though is probably expecting Ederson Jr just because he's from City although in reality on paper Trafford is statistically the second worst keeper in the entire league. Then throw that in amongst a defence who do not communicate with each other, they don't organize & just blame each other when we concede all because they don't take responsibility at the back. It's a very big ask for a 19 year old to come in & steady the ship like Gilks did last season. He might not play at all but it's hard to believe City would accept their prospects being bench warmers... especially if Evatt is hoping to build a relationship for future loans with them. 

• Members
45 minutes ago, Zico said:

"And to prove it take a picture of me looking dead busy on the phone to agents"

“chicken bhuna, lamb bhuna and prawn bhuna, mushroom rice, bag of chips, keema naan and 9 poppadoms”

1 hour ago, kent_white said:

That's my problem with us at the moment. He seems to have abandoned that style from last year. Or maybe we're just finding it harder to implement with the current squad and at this level. 

Just seem a bit of a mish mash of ideas as things stand?

Bang on.

We are miles away from our Sheffield Wednesday away performance. 
Now we are losing week in week out and  also being 2nd best.

Atleast earlier on in the season you could see a style, argue we were the better team and could put it down to bad luck.

9 minutes ago, Zico said:

Is Oxlade Chamberlain the highest paid bench warmer in the PL? 

Can't even get a start in the milk cup when a third of the team have gone to that African kick about

That there African kick about is a goal fest isn't it??Funny how nobody on TV dares say anything negative about it. 

Has any match produced more than one goal?

33 minutes ago, Zico said:

that African kick about

I'm sure it has a different but similar name on here 😉 #oldskoolww

23 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

He's a decent player.

Wonder if we could offer a cheeky 300k + Delf?

or 200k

1 hour ago, Eavesy said:

Bang on.

We are miles away from our Sheffield Wednesday away performance. 
Now we are losing week in week out and  also being 2nd best.

Atleast earlier on in the season you could see a style, argue we were the better team and could put it down to bad luck.

Agreed, however at that point in the season we were playing with our best XI. 

Since then Jones, MJ, Isgrove and Sheehan were all ruled out for long periods, covid hit and we had the whole Sarc scenario.  The players left just aren't capable of dominating the ball and the opposition like that best XI.  Get enough improvements in the window and I'm hopeful we'll be back to glimpses of Boltoncelona again.