Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

15 hours ago, waddy256 said:

Im not sure about all this lack of faith in Dixon . He has stepped up 2 divisions for the first time in his life and has been asked to play in a new system .  His shot-stopping is good , his kicking GENERALLY is good . 

Most of us have been spoiled with Keepers since Felgate, Brannigan, Dibble , Clarke and Jussi  and all of them have cost us more than a bad pass in a cup competition we havent cared about in over 30 years . Now its a World crisis cos we are supposed to be heartbroken over the pizza trophy ????

Bollocks

We have had some amazing keepers so our current one is being judged on the memories of the past .

His shot stopping isn't good, its below average, he lets too many in that should be saved.  I agree his kicking is generally decent, he occasionally picks out a great pass, my problem is I suspect that's the reason IE signed him. 

The defeat at Hartlepool is irrelevant, if he'd had a blinder in that game and we won 1-0 he still isn't good enough for league one, he is below average on communication, stature, commanding his box, catching crosses and shot stopping.  I don't expect a league one keeper to be above average on all those, but when a manager says we are aiming for promotion I'd expect the keeper to be at least average on most  of them.

6 minutes ago, Take Hunt Off said:

A non scoring striker would fit our usual game plan.

Maybe he can hold the ball up/head it .

Not a midget hopefully ( sorry mini)

On the plus side he’s not played below championship level. I’m presuming he’s possibly gonna be target man for Charles to play off. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

Seems like another who isn't good enough centrally so gets punted out to the wings like Kacha & Baka have been. Seems he did well at Reading but very poor at Millwall. Seeing as he's 6'2 it will add some much needed physicality to the squad & hopefully he's not soft as shit. Charles success at Accy came playing alongside Colby Bishop who's similar size to form a very a good partnership but we'll never go two up top but aslong as it means Del gets less gametime then fine by me

2 minutes ago, Deanu said:

Seems like another who isn't good enough centrally so gets punted out to the wings like Kacha & Baka have been. Seems he did well at Reading but very poor at Millwall. Seeing as he's 6'2 it will add some much needed physicality to the squad & hopefully he's not soft as shit. Charles success at Accy came playing alongside Colby Bishop who's similar size to form a very a good partnership but we'll never go two up top but aslong as it means Del gets less gametime then fine by me

On a brighter note a certain John McGinley was shite at Millwall.

7 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Wouldn’t do any harm, we’re to predictable at the moment. I wonder if Baka would be surplus if Bod signs. 

Let’s face it we haven’t seen much of him as he is always injured as for this Icelandic player doesn’t really inspire me .

12 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I think it would be great signing especially if he recovers his Reading form which he should do at this lower level. 

I hope you are right got to give him a chance can’t be any worse than Baka and Delf.