Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

If he's a striker he's only the back up to Charles, as we play with one (small) striker and Charles is clearly going to be first choice when available.  Has to be a replacement for Kachunga and Isgrove plus cover for Dapo and Charles (end of Fonz).  Not sure where that leaves Amaechi or Fossey assuming Jones is the regular right back.  But we have to plan for the reality which is that every week we have a few missing and we need a bigger squad.

In, a new kepoer, striker, winger/forward, full back/winger, midfielder and possibly another midfielder.

Out so far, striker & midfielder. 

That's some reset for a manager who tries to be careful about bringing in players who fit his plan, work rate and mentality.

I'm pleased he's dissatisfied with the past couple of months but this is a bigger reset than ladt season.

Edited by Dr. Feelgood
Very embarrassing typo

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

In, a new kepoer, striker, winger/forward, full back/winger, midfielder and possibly another midfielder.

Out so far, striker & midfielder. 

That's some reset for a manager who tries to be careful about bringing in players who fit his plan, work rate and mentality.

I'm pleased he's dissatisfied with the past couple of months but this is a nigger reset than ladt season.

Sickening.

1 minute ago, Johnnyrotten said:

No chance in my opinion, IE is a 1 up front man.  Right winger and stand in striker when Charles isn't on the pitch, another Baka/Kachunga/Fonz in terms of positions he might play.

I can't see us playing two up front but I wouldn't describe Evatt as a one up front man. He played with two up front at Barrow and started with two up front here.

7 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

His shot stopping isn't good, its below average, he lets too many in that should be saved.  I agree his kicking is generally decent, he occasionally picks out a great pass, my problem is I suspect that's the reason IE signed him. 

The defeat at Hartlepool is irrelevant, if he'd had a blinder in that game and we won 1-0 he still isn't good enough for league one, he is below average on communication, stature, commanding his box, catching crosses and shot stopping.  I don't expect a league one keeper to be above average on all those, but when a manager says we are aiming for promotion I'd expect the keeper to be at least average on most  of them.

Agree to disagree cos as usual you are incorrect.

Me to. He was decent at beginning of season but he’s going through a bad spell with rest of team. He can turn it around. Let’s hope Dapo, MJ, John, Baka, Johnston, Aimson and Delf improve to, as they have equally been as bad over this bad patch. In Evert we trust and he will get us playing again. Hopefully new additions will kick start second half of season for us. 

Scratching my head as to why we would pay a fee for this player when there will be better players going for nothing.

Obviously paying a fee means it would be a minimum 18 month contract. Never thought i would write these words.....poor mans Kachunga

• Members
15 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

His shot stopping isn't good, its below average, he lets too many in that should be saved.  I agree his kicking is generally decent, he occasionally picks out a great pass, my problem is I suspect that's the reason IE signed him. 

The defeat at Hartlepool is irrelevant, if he'd had a blinder in that game and we won 1-0 he still isn't good enough for league one, he is below average on communication, stature, commanding his box, catching crosses and shot stopping.  I don't expect a league one keeper to be above average on all those, but when a manager says we are aiming for promotion I'd expect the keeper to be at least average on most  of them.

All based on absolutely nothing.

Utter nonsense.

20 minutes ago, masi 51 said:

Scratching my head as to why we would pay a fee for this player when there will be better players going for nothing.

Obviously paying a fee means it would be a minimum 18 month contract. Never thought i would write these words.....poor mans Kachunga

It's a loan !

27 minutes ago, Rudy said:

All based on absolutely nothing.

Utter nonsense.

Doyle gone. Need someone else to fix on now.

Dixon is not our biggest problem  IMHO. The defence in front of him needs sorting surely everyone agrees on that. Being judged very unfairly. Every single player at moment has room for improvement and some a lot more than Dixon. Getting blasted for that first goal ok but their guy waltzed through our 'defence' 

1 hour ago, Blondi said:

Just had a quick look on a  Lion's forum, some right sarcy twats on there, anyway, a couple of posters reckon Bodvarsson could be on around 8K a week there.

https://millwallonline.com/forum/threads/bodvarsson.50554/

Crazy money for an ordinary level of player.

I can't comment on this guy, never knowingly seen him play. But £8k pw is £416,000pa BASIC. It's no wonder clubs are struggling if they have, say, 20 on that sort of sum at 2nd division level.

I guess chasing the dream costs.