Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

21 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

That's our issue. Nobody makes a run. All stood still in the six yard box. We're awful at set pieces.

Im still yet to figure out what the actual plan is.

Fanny about, stretch the play then release to 18 yard line and let somone have a crack? 

1 minute ago, white noise said:

Absolutely certain that Stockton will not be coming to us. Any budget that we did have had mostly gone already.

Yeah the Icelandic lad would stretch us financially and we want another like Dempsey. If we could get Dempsey and someone to partner Charles would be more than happy with that.  I think we missed out on Stockton last summer once he started banging them in this season soon beyond us.

If he doesn't go in January maybe we could go in for him in summer after Morecambe go down.

Mad how Wigan are signing all these players? Surely living way beyond their means again? Supposed to be paying Wykes 10k a week. How does EFL allow this? Just like Bury did before they folded. Not even trying to be sustainable? After Just after coming out of admin? Might be good for a season but no doubt shit will hit the fan again. Thank god we got Sharon in. Atleast we are trying to do it the right way. 

Matt Smith going to Salford on loan from Millwall , now he is a unit , how he would fare in an Evatt system I’m not sure .Is it me or does Bodvarson seem like the short straw?
To be fair never seen Bodvarson play , but League 1 should be within Smith’s ability even if it’s just to nod a few corners in. According to wiki 1 goal per 4 apps roughly.

33 minutes ago, true white said:

Mad how Wigan are signing all these players? Surely living way beyond their means again? Supposed to be paying Wykes 10k a week. How does EFL allow this? Just like Bury did before they folded. Not even trying to be sustainable? After Just after coming out of admin? Might be good for a season but no doubt shit will hit the fan again. Thank god we got Sharon in. Atleast we are trying to do it the right way. 

I am being told the owner is paying towards the wages for players desperate for promotion at any cost!

4 minutes ago, Take Hunt Off said:

Matt Smith going to Salford on loan from Millwall , now he is a unit , how he would fare in an Evatt system I’m not sure .Is it me or does Bodvarson seem like the short straw?
To be fair never seen Bodvarson play , but League 1 should be within Smith’s ability even if it’s just to nod a few corners in. According to wiki 1 goal per 4 apps roughly.

Will Bodvarson sign now they have an injury to 1of there first choice strikers and with Smith going this might change things 

2 minutes ago, Take Hunt Off said:

Remember him against Liverpool in the FA cup years ago he was a proper handful & a bully. Seems like he's done well in the champ, this Bodvarson might be a bit more of a mobile presser & distance coverer than Smith though if we're playing two up top they need to work thier absolute socks off to cut off the passes through the lines. 

9 minutes ago, Take Hunt Off said:

They're probably paying more than we're willing to.

13 minutes ago, Rizlar said:

I am being told the owner is paying towards the wages for players desperate for promotion at any cost!

No doubt. But how does EFL let a team who been in admin months before, let them over spend? Just shows they are not interested in making teams sustainable? Absolutely no way to run a football club, as we all know. Sharon had been best thing for this club in years. Someone who is looking for long term stability. 

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, true white said:

No doubt. But how does EFL let a team who been in admin months before, let them over spend? Just shows they are not interested in making teams sustainable? Absolutely no way to run a football club, as we all know. Sharon had been best thing for this club in years. Someone who is looking for long term stability. 

Ffp is spread over a period, not one season. They can have a go, but if promotion doesn't happen, and income doesn't grow, then cloth cutting ensues.

The chicken botheres have had to do just this, but things might be happening for them this season.

16 hours ago, Deanu said:

Remember him against Liverpool in the FA cup years ago he was a proper handful & a bully. Seems like he's done well in the champ, this Bodvarson might be a bit more of a mobile presser & distance coverer than Smith though if we're playing two up top they need to work thier absolute socks off to cut off the passes through the lines. 

I've just realised that the fella you're on about isn't the big lad up top for Rotherham. I had just assumed the lad from QPR and Fulham had found his way up North.