Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

57 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Well, I know it's fashionable to call the lad shite but I'd have given my left 'nad to have failed as badly as he did.

Local lad, a fan of the club. He's no Nat Phillips (🙄) but good luck to him.

Edited by Dr. Feelgood

• Site Supporter

Good luck to him.

Him and his colleagues bailed us out of the shit big time, when others were refusing to play.

Might not ultimately have achieved his ambition, but to refer to him as a big failure is out of order. How will other youngsters feel when the see and hear of such comments?

Bolton through and through, stood up to the bullying of Sarc in the early stages and doesn't deserve the stick being levelled at him. I'm sure he's disappointed that he's not made it long term, but he played a part in us continuing to exist and getting us promoted last season.

Don't get this Plymouth 3 thing, Sarce left on bad terms but both Brockbank and Doyle seem to have left on amicable terms.

i.e. Evatt saying Doyle is going to help Bolton identify talent in Ireland, sounds like bollocks in itself but don't get the point in doing some PR stunt.

Brockbank hardly seems to be an influential player in the dressing room despite being at the club a long time.

8 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Good luck to him.

Him and his colleagues bailed us out of the shit big time, when others were refusing to play.

Might not ultimately have achieved his ambition, but to refer to him as a big failure is out of order. How will other youngsters feel when the see and hear of such comments?

Bolton through and through, stood up to the bullying of Sarc in the early stages and doesn't deserve the stick being levelled at him. I'm sure he's disappointed that he's not made it long term, but he played a part in us continuing to exist and getting us promoted last season.

The bullying of sarcs? 

What :D

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

You misinterpret the words.

I know a story or two, but won't share it publicly. 

Suffice to say Sarc could be a twat, and was stood up to.

Ah thought you meant sarcs getting bullied.

Fair dos. 

18 hours ago, Take Hunt Off said:

Matt Smith going to Salford on loan from Millwall , now he is a unit , how he would fare in an Evatt system I’m not sure .Is it me or does Bodvarson seem like the short straw?
To be fair never seen Bodvarson play , but League 1 should be within Smith’s ability even if it’s just to nod a few corners in. According to wiki 1 goal per 4 apps roughly.

Smith is 6 foot 6 wrong side of 30 was never mobile anyhow, Bodvarson  better option for us, Smith should do  well at Salford. 

Interesting final sentence from Evatt in the press release

“There’s talk of him maybe going to play in America which is good for him – with a lifestyle change and a culture change – and we wish him all the best and thank him for everything he’s done.”

I don’t know if that is just meant to mean that a change will be good for him after so many years at Bolton, or something more?

I hope he goes on to do well in the States though, he seems a decent lad that’s lived every young Bolton fan‘s dream.