Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

I think Brockbank suffered from not having a defined position, not really a full back or wing back, and not a centre half in this division. He even played defensive midfielder occasionally I think.

That's a failure of coaching over several years, not seeing where his best position is and sticking with that. 

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, pauldeva said:

That's a failure of coaching over several years, not seeing where his best position is and sticking with that. 

I don’t see that at all. Conversely, it’s because of his versatility that he played as many games as he did. Good luck to him 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Rice said:

Good luck to him. Who would be the longest serving player in the squad now? Darcy? Senior / Alexander? 

062086AB-5D82-40E4-9E4E-96D0C116DC38.thumb.png.a0bdd55dff8e0ba3cea18580f8c0437a.png

Not many at all now.

I wish all these young men moving on all the best. They will forever have a place in our hearts.

• Members
10 minutes ago, pauldeva said:

I think Brockbank suffered from not having a defined position, not really a full back or wing back, and not a centre half in this division. He even played defensive midfielder occasionally I think.

That’s on him not being able to nail down a position 

4 minutes ago, desperado said:

I don’t see that at all. Conversely, it’s because of his versatility that he played as many games as he did. Good luck to him 

Yes, and he was poor at them all when asked to step up. He was asked to fill gaps, you can't expect that from a kid and its not fair.

Feel Darcy's the same, what is he? Attacking midfielder, winger, play maker? 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, pauldeva said:

Yes, and he was poor at them all when asked to step up. He was asked to fill gaps, you can't expect that from a kid and its not fair.

Feel Darcy's the same, what is he? Attacking midfielder, winger, play maker? 

There were times last year when I thought Brockbank performed admirably - at right back and on his non-natural side at LB. I don’t think any amount of coaching would have made him a better league one player in any position. 

On his CV it will be a plus point, that at the level he can perform, he can do it in various positions. 

Can't really blame Dennis for waiting out for the best financial package, football is a short career & he's already had one massive injury so makes sense to try get as much as he can incase anything like that happens again to halter his career. His agents done very well for him if it comes off

The guy who Derby can't sign so we're hijacking him apparently. The thought of him & Rico potentially launching strikers into the advertisment boards as well as taking turns carrying the ball 40 yards with their gangly frames makes me laugh. That being fingers crossed he is another Rico & not a Reiss Greenidge.

Sounds like Derby were giving him a trial and we're set to offer him a trial rather than a contract at this stage too.

Looks like an absolute tank though. Could see him looking rather clumsy on the ball in a higher division but maybe a rough diamond.

Also where is this guy getting his leaks from?

Some of his tweets seem full of shit, like he said the Dempsey deal was "agreed" when it's clearly not but seems like he does have some sort of inside line. Club should try and find out who's the weasel as leaks can be detrimental to negotiations.

4 hours ago, desperado said:

062086AB-5D82-40E4-9E4E-96D0C116DC38.thumb.png.a0bdd55dff8e0ba3cea18580f8c0437a.png

Not many at all now.

I wish all these young men moving on all the best. They will forever have a place in our hearts.

Correct and it does pain me a bit when some who should know better on here (we are not Burnden Aces or BN letter writers after all) slag the younger players off. Best of luck to them all. 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Deanu said:

The guy who Derby can't sign so we're hijacking him apparently. The thought of him & Rico potentially launching strikers into the advertisment boards as well as taking turns carrying the ball 40 yards with their gangly frames makes me laugh. That being fingers crossed he is another Rico & not a Reiss Greenidge.

Not one headed goal there!

1 hour ago, Deanu said:

He looks a Big Clumbsy Bastard 

Been some clear out from our starting squad this season.  Presume Doyle, Sarcevic and Crawford were amongst our top earners.

• Doyle
  • Sarce
  • Crawford
  • Comley
  • Brockbank
  • Gilks

with Edwards, Greenidge and Politic at the exit door.  Not sure they will be the last before deadline day.    Expect Alexander, Darcy & Senior to go back out on loan, possibly Hutchinson as well.