Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

Interesting to see evatts interview but about Kyle Dempsey,       'I think we are still waiting to hear back' and referring to him as Kyle!     Pretty sure as the norm he would not talk about another clubs player like he did in this way.   

Just now, Mounts Kipper said:

I’d be tempted to leave it until end of season when he’s out of contract if they are demanding silly money. 

I'm guessing the club think they'll struggle to land these players in a free market, hence the transfer fees being paid.

1 hour ago, W.cramp said:

Interesting to see evatts interview but about Kyle Dempsey,       'I think we are still waiting to hear back' and referring to him as Kyle!     Pretty sure as the norm he would not talk about another clubs player like he did in this way.   

tbf he went on to say wtte "but he's another club's player so I shan't talk further". It's obviously no secret we've made a bid so that's not disrespectful. 

Though "I THINK we're still waiting to hear" offers an insight into how these things work. 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

That’s possible, but Markham knows him and I think he’s a Cumbrian lad, I’d take that chance rather than chuck more money at it. 

He seems to be a key part of Evatt's plans.

Paying a small amount now, is possibly going to yield more in short order.

Not sure what the money increments are for league positions, but it may he worth it now.

Happy with our transfer business so far, especially impressed with Bod taking a financial hit to come to us & that wins him a lot of credit.

The icing & the big one for me would be Dempsey who seems to be the leader & midfield drive we're crying out for & a huge upgrade on that Stockport prick.

5 hours ago, Blondi said:

Think Dempsey comes from Whitehaven, can't blame him wanting to move back up North, pretty sure he'll be Sarvevic's replacement and he's the Gillingham captain, so another leader on board and he's only 26, just hope we do sign him!

Same here.

It's odd how someone I've never heard of suddenly becomes to me the vital cog in the wheel.

49 minutes ago, Big E said:

Most will agree It’s just another thing that’s become cool to hate. 

Nah.  It's bollocks.  It's a new thing anyway, so it's not 'become' cool to hate it.  It's always been shit.

It's for the type of mongo who thinks Thograss is cool.