Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

• Site Supporter
53 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

The game was stopped at Coventry yesterday because a fan in the stands had a 'medical episode'.  Dreadful for the fan and those around them but I can't understand why the game is stopped.  It's happened a few times recently.

Anyone else on the 10.31 out of Piccadilly in the carriage when one of our fans collapsed?  Right next to us, I did initial first aid and was shitting it at first as I wasn’t sure he was breathing. Got him in recovery position and he came round. Let him have my seat while he recovered, but he was very pale and definitely not right. I passed him onto his mates, I’m wondering how he is.

37 minutes ago, desperado said:

Anyone else on the 10.31 out of Piccadilly in the carriage when one of our fans collapsed?  Right next to us, I did initial first aid and was shitting it at first as I wasn’t sure he was breathing. Got him in recovery position and he came round. Let him have my seat while he recovered, but he was very pale and definitely not right. I passed him onto his mates, I’m wondering how he is.

Bloody hell, was he an old boy?

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Bloody hell, was he an old boy?

Yes, I recognised a few of the lads he was with. I think one of them was jay (special one/ @anewman I think) Other lad was long beard, lots of tattoos. 

Bloke who collapsed was 50/60s I reckon, big fella

3 minutes ago, desperado said:

Yes, I recognised a few of the lads he was with. I think one of them was jay (special one/ @anewman I think) Other lad was long beard, lots of tattoos. 

Bloke who collapsed was 50/60s I reckon, big fella

Other lad probs LLs main lad haha

Ill text jay mate

20 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Great work pal

Proper Wanderer is Dave, first met him when I was 11 at secondary school I had a BWFC badge on and he spotted it and been good mates ever since, first away game with him was Derby in League cup semi in 76, we both managed to skip school with parents permission. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, anewman said:

Was Dave from walkden, it was hot and cramped on that train. He’s ok now. Got his blood sugar levels up etc 

Good stuff. Glad he was ok. When he keeled over right by us grabbing hold of my daughter then my sons feet breaking his fall (his feet are ok now 😂)  I jumped up straight away and provided initial first aid. Was so glad when I heard him breathing! He came round after 5 mins or so and I let him have my seat (the extent some will go to to get a sit down on a packed train 😂) But yes the heat/lack of airflow on that train wouldn’t have helped anyone feeling a bit faint.

24 minutes ago, desperado said:

Good stuff. Glad he was ok. When he keeled over right by us grabbing hold of my daughter then my sons feet breaking his fall (his feet are ok now 😂)  I jumped up straight away and provided initial first aid. Was so glad when I heard him breathing! He came round after 5 mins or so and I let him have my seat (the extent some will go to to get a sit down on a packed train 😂) But yes the heat/lack of airflow on that train wouldn’t have helped anyone feeling a bit faint.

Thanks are in order to you also so well done👏

Deadline is Monday, 11pm.

Dempsey, who it is no secret we've bid for, has played 3 times for Gillingham since our bid & there's another match on Saturday.

Yesterday Evatt said there was a time period before we would have to look elsewhere.

Gill's are walking a tightrope on time, alternatives, possible injury. The player's integrity is strong, which is good. Many would have had a flounce by now.

At least he'll be match fit if he ever arrives.

Well Gillingham dropped another 2 points at home last night so are still 9 points from safety having played a game more, so common sense says they are going down and I can’t imagine Dempsey going with them, so they either sell him now or lose out. Evatt should insist the deals done before weekend or move on to put some pressure on Scully.

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

What ? Before you've decided to tell us he's shite ?

I haven’t ever seen him play before.

Anyone who I have said is not upto the standard BWFC expect, have been mentioned.

Its pretty obvious to anyone who knows anything about football. 🙄

2 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Deadline is Monday, 11pm.

Dempsey, who it is no secret we've bid for, has played 3 times for Gillingham since our bid & there's another match on Saturday.

Yesterday Evatt said there was a time period before we would have to look elsewhere.

Gill's are walking a tightrope on time, alternatives, possible injury. The player's integrity is strong, which is good. Many would have had a flounce by now.

At least he'll be match fit if he ever arrives.

we have enough in Midfield