Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

Most Rotherham fans place Sadlier as a 10 rather than a winger. A player that is technically gifted but lacking defensively and can score from long range and good on set pieces.

Seems like Sheehan 2.0 if you ask me but he can also play wide.

38 minutes ago, Mantra said:

Most Rotherham fans place Sadlier as a 10 rather than a winger. A player that is technically gifted but lacking defensively and can score from long range and good on set pieces.

That’s exactly what I thought from the clips

49 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Love a player who’s not afraid to shoot.

His goals don’t seem to be thunderbolts, they’re crafted in.

Any player who looks to score goals will do for me, we've been lacking those for years, its been a bugbear of mine that our players don't seem to enjoy shooting (that's one reason I enjoyed watching Politic in his brief spell).  Sadlier and Charles definitely a step in the right direction and the headers from Sadlier could be a bonus.  

1 hour ago, Mantra said:

He looks more attack minded that Sheehan to me.  Far better scoring ratio, those clips suggest he's more advanced up the field.  Sheehan happy to build attacks on the halfway line, I would have thought Morley was more of a Sheehan type.

Although who cares, they all bring something different to the table.

Attack and midfield looking reassuringly strong now.

2 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Any player who looks to score goals will do for me, we've been lacking those for years, its been a bugbear of mine that our players don't seem to enjoy shooting (that's one reason I enjoyed watching Politic in his brief spell).  Sadlier and Charles definitely a step in the right direction and the headers from Sadlier could be a bonus.  

Add Dapo to the shooters Johnny and we should be looking forward to some crackers.

9 hours ago, Jol_BWFC said:

Yet my cash out is still lower than my stake. As Garrp would say, “never cash out”…

And he would have been wrong last season

• Members
11 minutes ago, Big E said:

are we likely to ship many more out. be nice to see delf go and if he isnt playing get darcy out for more first team experience

Think Delf is one of the ones he’s referring to when it’s either go on loan or be deregistered 

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, Rudy said:

Think Delf is one of the ones he’s referring to when it’s either go on loan or be deregistered 

He said no one will be forced out. :)

Don't clubs transfer list players anymore, and until this season I'd not heard of people being deregistered.

Be interesting to see what happens in the next 24 hours as it'll have knock on effects for what has to be done in the Summer. Outgoings and getting fringe players off the books are nearly as important as incomings.

The law of averages is that we will be in this division next season given how far behind the play offs we are and the queue of big clubs or recent Championship clubs nearer the top.

What we've done now though is climb our way back to being out of fast-paced change and in to a position where we can be more strategic. The summer looks like one where we will only have to make 4-6 signings - primarily adding quality to the defence and replacing loan players who return to parent clubs (Fossey, Ameachi, Trafford etc). That all feels more stable and normal than some recent frantic pre-seasons.

I think the summer is going to be full of genuine anticipation. We can look forward to a serious assault on League 1 with an enthused fanbase and sensible owners. Bossing this level and getting back to the top half of the football league pyramid is what Bolton Wanderers should always be about on our rare visits to tier 3 ... we're making massive strides.