Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

On 26/04/2022 at 17:30, barryk32 said:

Norwich site says he's made starts

https://www.canaries.co.uk/player/regan-riley

It does. But try finding them. Obviously I may be missing something but it may be U-23 apoearences.

If it is first team appearances then good luck to him & well done.

Edited by Dr. Feelgood

7 minutes ago, Traf said:

image.png.a33c013d2e45a6032c4c669d85abc6ea.png

So "not played first team and not that often for the reserves" then.

Not complaing, this is/was a Premiership club. Just wondering if he'd have done better staying ... though is he better than Lee, Sheehan, Dempsey, Morley, Thomason etc. ?

25 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

So "not played first team and not that often for the reserves" then.

Not complaing, this is/was a Premiership club. Just wondering if he'd have done better staying ... though is he better than Lee, Sheehan, Dempsey, Morley, Thomason etc. ?

I'll start with a no.

• Members
Just now, Dr. Feelgood said:

Didn't Evatt  last week, say that as part of the creation of a Reserve squad they'd be having trials of to-be-rekeased Premiership/Championship acadamies & he'd be attending ?

Makes perfect sense.

Yeah it’s for the B team

No brainer. Have a look at them, might do a job in the first team, might uncover a gem, might be shite.

Low risk.

Wonder how early we will get our business done this summer. Last Summer we got it done pretty early, other than chasing Sadlier to no avail.

Feels weird that we have actual assets now that could leave for a decent sum. I know we've had Madine and Clough in the not so distant past but they were more about keeping the club afloat. Selling now becomes more of a tactical consideration. 

Should be plenty of news to read up on over the next couple of months as I imagine we'll be signing a load for the B Team and a few for the first team.

11 hours ago, Mantra said:

Wonder how early we will get our business done this summer. Last Summer we got it done pretty early, other than chasing Sadlier to no avail.

Feels weird that we have actual assets now that could leave for a decent sum. I know we've had Madine and Clough in the not so distant past but they were more about keeping the club afloat. Selling now becomes more of a tactical consideration. 

Should be plenty of news to read up on over the next couple of months as I imagine we'll be signing a load for the B Team and a few for the first team.

I have slightly mixed feelings about getting business done early. It'd certainly be great if the bulk of it was done by early in the pre-season training period but really good deals can emerge as possibilities late in windows too. Tough judgements.

I've got memories of Sammy Lee and Dougie Freedman getting business done early in summers and they both signed a load of dross! That probably clouds my thoughts a bit! 

• Site Supporter
53 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

I have slightly mixed feelings about getting business done early. It'd certainly be great if the bulk of it was done by early in the pre-season training period but really good deals can emerge as possibilities late in windows too. Tough judgements.

I've got memories of Sammy Lee and Dougie Freedman getting business done early in summers and they both signed a load of dross! That probably clouds my thoughts a bit! 

I think realistically they’ve known for 6 weeks now which division we’ll be in. Their targets will have been known for months so can have really doubled down their research on them.

I love Evatt but I reckon getting Markham in too has been a master stroke. Would hate to lose either of them

19 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

I think realistically they’ve known for 6 weeks now which division we’ll be in. Their targets will have been known for months so can have really doubled down their research on them.

I love Evatt but I reckon getting Markham in too has been a master stroke. Would hate to lose either of them

We've needed someone like Markham for years. You just have to think about the scattergun nature of signings made by Sammy Lee, Coyle and Freedman to know that. I shan't include Megson in that criticism - for his many failings the one thing he was half-decent at was spotting a good player. Bloke should have been a chief scout somewhere.

• Members

Monday after the last game is when some will be for the chop

Gordon 
Baptiste 
Delf

A few yoof

Decision on Amaechi whether we pursue him same with Fossey Trafford

I suspect IE and his team haven’t stopped working all season. 

Edited by Rudy

1 minute ago, Rudy said:

Monday after the last game is when some will be for the chop

Gordon 

I think he'd be worth keeping tbh, he can play our style, is quick, never really let anyone down; would we get anyone better happy being a squad player???

• Members
6 minutes ago, JimmyRiddle said:

I think he'd be worth keeping tbh, he can play our style, is quick, never really let anyone down; would we get anyone better happy being a squad player???

I think LB is a position we’ll go and strengthen

20 minutes ago, JimmyRiddle said:

yeah  had his best game and a decent run, think it was before Christmas maybe against Cheltenham. Not been seen since. There’s a player there for sure

1 hour ago, JimmyRiddle said:

It's a no from me. I think the fact Evatt preferred starting Sadlier at left wing-back when John was injured speaks volumes.