Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

34 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

He's a good player but I think he probably would have to be a nailed on starter to justify signing him as he's under contract until 2024 and so would command a transfer fee.

In any event he's now 28 years old and I can't see us paying a transfer fee for a 28-year-old, especially one who hasn't ever played above the third tier.

Aah right I didn't realise he'd signed a new contract, he signed for 2.5 years in Jan 2020 so I thought he might have run his contract down.  A shame as he deserves a bigger stage for a couple of seasons while he's in his peak years.  I agree we won't be paying proper money for a 28 year old who might not start most games.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Rudy said:

Old money that. 
A 10 used to be alongside the 9, shearer and Sutton, Beardsley and Sir Les. Phillips and Quinn Two centre forwards. One would win the headers the other would anticipate. 

Walker and McGinlay

4 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

The definition of a player who can't be arsed when not in the mood ... which is a good 50% of the time.

I'd be staggered if Pep wanted him.

I reckon he'd thrive at City. Their squad balance is much better. I agree with you he seems not arsed half the time but whenever I've seen him play for France he's been incredible.

Think he'd be happier at City and probably play better more consistently because of it.

25 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

The definition of a player who can't be arsed when not in the mood ... which is a good 50% of the time.

I'd be staggered if Pep wanted him.

Absolutely. If I was utd I would be quite happy to see them take him on 400k a week. They’d be really upset if they took a player that actually performed for them.

as it is I bet they secretly hope city or Liverpool would take him on. But Liverpool arent that daft I don’t think 

• Members
2 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Absolutely. If I was utd I would be quite happy to see them take him on 400k a week. They’d be really upset if they took a player that actually performed for them.

as it is I bet they secretly hope city or Liverpool would take him on. But Liverpool arent that daft I don’t think 

They ain’t paying Pogba more than De Bruyne. No chance. 

• Members
29 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Well I can’t see him wanting to take a pay cut. He’s not made that way. So if he does go it will be for more money. 

Be a massive signing on fee whoever he goes to 

• The topic was pinned
6 minutes ago, little whitt said:

is it only me 

that thinks he his SHIT 

Doubt it, in fact I think you’re in the majority. He has been shit last few seasons but so has most of the United team so I don’t know how reflective that is of his ability

• Members
5 minutes ago, little whitt said:

is it only me 

that thinks he his SHIT 

He was quality for Juventus. 

He was quality in the World Cup when France won it, but if Kante was behind me and Griezmann was in front of me I reckon I could do a job . 

• Moderators

Pogba will probably end up at PSG where Ligue 1 will suit the lazy cunt 

Mind you city and their rotation would probably suit him if he didn't have to play every game 

Great player on his day, though he's had more hair styles in his time at utd than good games

22 minutes ago, Zico said:

Great player on his day, though he's had more hair styles in his time at utd than good games

He only plays well when he's the centre of everything. So anywhete with a team ethic won't suit him

tbh He'd excell in a middle ranking team where he's the clear top dog and he rools. The French sort of do that, however good the squad.

... &, yes. If he spent as much time on his football as he does on his hair Stretford would have a better player.

• Site Supporter
6 hours ago, Rudy said:

Old money that. 
A 10 used to be alongside the 9, shearer and Sutton, Beardsley and Sir Les. Phillips and Quinn Two centre forwards. One would win the headers the other would anticipate. 

It changed years ago with Bergkamp at Arsenal, coming between the midfielders and forward.
No one plays with a centre forward pairing anymore or a 442 because the game is quicker, better to use wideman and a 10 to do a duo role. 

Not the point I was making though. 

Identifying a position by a number is even less sensible now as they have squad numbers. If its an attacking midfielder say so, or describe the role in detail.

Purely going off posts on here, people have different views on what a "10" is: some say Lee which for me is the last thing he is. He's an all round midfielder with an ability to arrive in the box at the right time.

Some say Sadlier, some say Dapo, and some say one of the strikers. As they're different players, it's horses for courses- using each slightly differently according to the game plan.

Which is why I don't believe it's a good term as its too general.

Pogba shit for the rags and good where ever else he is/goes. I like him.

Think he’d be good at Man City playing with better players like he does/did with France and Juventus.

He also strikes me as the type of bloke who’d make that move no problems and sleep well.

45 minutes ago, tomski said:

Pogba shit for the rags and good where ever else he is/goes. I like him.

Think he’d be good at Man City playing with better players like he does/did with France and Juventus.

He also strikes me as the type of bloke who’d make that move no problems and sleep well.

They probably need a physical type in the team as they are a bit lightweight, I’m sure PG will get more out of him than the shower who’ve been managing him at Man U. 

Re Pogba, is it not just his agent trying to keep his stock and his wages high? On recent performances, who's going to pay him what the rags are right now? I'm sure City are no more interested in him than they were Ronaldo.