Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

29 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

I'm told, by a notoriously unreliable, knee-jerk, guy .... Duck Egg knows him well ... that we're about to sign a centre-back from Barrow.

Obviously, I've never heard of Matt Platt but he has an alluringly alliterative name.

24, 6' and played 80 games for Barrow in the past 2½ years. So solid enough but, presumably, a squad player. Nowt wrong with that I guess.

Presumably IE signed him for Barrow, so he must know if he's capable of the step up (we'll forget about Tom White).  Had a few years at Blackburn without getting in first team.

59 minutes ago, Mantra said:

City are getting 100+ points next season if Haaland stays fit.

i wonder (not that ive looked proper) if hes one of them scores boatloads against mid table teams , but against tip top teams doesnt do it..

iirc it were what they sed about aubamayang at arsenal. 

i think he's good, just dunno if you go looking. 

if they played bayern munich he either seemed to not play or not score and theyd lose. 

might be an illusion, but all these youtube highlight vids show him scoring 5 goals at a time against the likes of nuremberg. 

39 minutes ago, e2e4 said:

i wonder (not that ive looked proper) if hes one of them scores boatloads against mid table teams , but against tip top teams doesnt do it..

if they played bayern munich he either seemed to not play or not score and theyd lose. 

might be an illusion, but all these youtube highlight vids show him scoring 5 goals at a time against the likes of nuremberg. 

Yeah, I don’t know either. He’s only young though, 21 years old and very exciting talent with many strings to his bow.

Drogba didn’t score a huge amount compared to some legendary PL strikers but he did score in big moments for them which has put him up there with the biggest names

36 minutes ago, e2e4 said:

5 in 7 against Bayern.

Bayern won all 7, scoring 19.

23 in 16 starts in the Champions League.

Not sure if he can do it on a rainy night in Bolton Stoke Burnley though

• Members
18 minutes ago, Steejay said:

Apparently, Rudiger will be paid £345,000 per week by Real.

No wonder Chelsea are letting him drift.

Yeah but that’s £16m for the 4 years. Throw in a signing on fee, agent fee and it’s probably £30m 

Nothing to them. 
Going to be the same for MBappe, could happily pay him £500k a week but they don’t have to pay a fee. 
Clever business 

15 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Yeah but that’s £16m for the 4 years. Throw in a signing on fee, agent fee and it’s probably £30m 

Nothing to them. 
Going to be the same for MBappe, could happily pay him £500k a week but they don’t have to pay a fee. 
Clever business 

£30m all in for Rudiger over 4 years is a good deal.

Arsenal paid £50m for Ben White before wages!

• Members
14 minutes ago, Traf said:

£30m all in for Rudiger over 4 years is a good deal.

Arsenal paid £50m for Ben White before wages!

It’s becoming more and more frequent. Clubs are telling agents get their clients to run down their contracts and we’ll double their wages. Juventus have been doing it for years.

1 hour ago, emus wig said:

A team of cloggers won the league/finished second and Wycombe remind me of the old Wimbledon side from the 80s and are in play off final JSL 😐

But we're not building a team of cloggers like Beevers.

1 hour ago, emus wig said:

A team of cloggers won the league/finished second and Wycombe remind me of the old Wimbledon side from the 80s and are in play off final JSL 😐

TBF Evatt has said certain near the top will have to reinvent themselves as they progress whereas he wants us playing a style that be continued in a higher level. 

33 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

Likely to be out of our league but this lad would be ex’s for what we need IMO

Massive loss for Argyle that, reuniting with Lowe at PNE you'd expect? Probably been tapped up by him