Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

• Site Supporter

I'm with Frank, I think Sadlier is decent and will play a big part next season but I'd rather Izzy RWB if needs be.

That said, I hope we don't have to go with either too often.

If we get Fossey and a decent keeper (traff or otherwise) then any other signing is going to have to be indulgent to the point of being much better than a current 11.

We are very close to a top team. 1 or 2 top signings could make all the difference

8 hours ago, paulhanley said:

I couldn't disagree more. This kind of makeshift solution is not what cuts it in terms of getting to that top two. We need a new holding midfielder and our aim should be to improve on MJ Williams. That's what progression is. If we spend the season buggering about with Johnston, Amos and Iredale covering for Williams in that role we're not serious enough about automatic promotion.

Correct

I think we could ask for a bit more than £1.5m and include a sell-on clause. Certainly I think we could be asking for £2m or slightly more. We'd need to be reinvesting the majority of that as well.  The issue will be the later in the window this happens the more disruptive it becomes. 

Barkhuizen? Operated at Chapmionship level with distinction for some time. Bit wary about his recent injury issues. Evatt will know him through the Blackpool link.

1 hour ago, paulhanley said:

I think we could ask for a bit more than £1.5m and include a sell-on clause. Certainly I think we could be asking for £2m or slightly more. We'd need to be reinvesting the majority of that as well.  The issue will be the later in the window this happens the more disruptive it becomes. 

Barkhuizen? Operated at Chapmionship level with distinction for some time. Bit wary about his recent injury issues. Evatt will know him through the Blackpool link.

He's got 2 years left if his conteact. There's no imperative to sell. If this lot want him to help them come 2nd again & be knocked out if the Champion's League and into the Thursday Trophy they can lay of more than £1½m. We'd get more in 12m time.

The lad seems steady, but he won't turn an offer down, especially for the pub league where he'd shine easily.

But £1½m is an insult. We shouldn't be afraid to say that either. Like any negotiation they've come in low. We should tell them not to contact again without at least £4.5m on there. Maybe even £5m.

If they're serious let's see the whites of their eyes.

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

One of biggest clubs in Britain and tbf one of biggest in the world. He will go if they make a sensible offer. 

Quite agree, the SPL might not be brilliant but Rangers and Celtic are World Class and Dapo would be crazy to turn that down. However the £1.5m figure is ridiculous. No way could we get anywhere near a comparable replacement for that money. It would have to be a minimum £3m and probably more before we should even consider it. I accept we may need to sell players on but if we seriously want to challenge for promotion we need to keep our best players unless clubs quote us silly money and £1.5m is silly but the wrong way.

7 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Quite agree, the SPL might not be brilliant but Rangers and Celtic are World Class and Dapo would be crazy to turn that down. However the £1.5m figure is ridiculous. No way could we get anywhere near a comparable replacement for that money. It would have to be a minimum £3m and probably more before we should even consider it. I accept we may need to sell players on but if we seriously want to challenge for promotion we need to keep our best players unless clubs quote us silly money and £1.5m is silly but the wrong way.

I think world class stretches it just a bit. 

• Site Supporter

Whoever chooses to come in for Dapo should have to pay more than that.

He's under contract for a while yet, but hasn't been around for long.

Pros and cons there towards his fee.

However, we're growing as a club, but still not flush with cash. Therefore, more upfront you'd imagine.