Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

Think the general feeling when this was discussed a bit back was £2m with add ons would be about right. There’s no way a player with 1 season L1 experience is going for any more than that and that’s a lot of money for us these days. Be used very shrewdly 

rangers are a pull to anyone. Don’t care what anyone says really. Yes it’s a shite league but you overlook that for the 4 humongous games and a go at Europe each season

key point to it all is they’ve sounded out on the basis they’re expecting bids for their lads (which I imagine would be Kent). If those moves don’t happen Dapo might not

Edited by barrycowdrill

1 minute ago, barrycowdrill said:

Think the general feeling when this was discussed a bit back was £2m with add ons would be about right. There’s no way a player with 1 season L1 experience is going for any more than that and that’s a lot of money for us these days. Be used very shrewdly 

rangers are a pull to anyone. Don’t care what anyone says really. Yes it’s a shite league but you overlook that for the 4 humongous games and a go at Europe each season

key point to it all is they’ve sounded out on the basis they’re expecting bids for their lads (which I imagine would be Kent). If those moves don’t happen Dapo might not

If they don’t win the Europa they will lose Kent , aribo and Morelos. Also diallo will go back to United although he may go back next season. 

Considering it’s a pub league those 3 players above will command fees of 40m plus between them and that’s with them all only having a year each left on current contract. But it’s no better than league one so these sort of fees for pub players confuses me. 

He’s 25 this year and played 80 first team games. There is of course some potential in there and his peak years yet to arrive but I’d say not many clubs are willing to spend big on that track record. Be a calculated punt with a few mil max 

Edited by barrycowdrill

I definitely would trust Evatt and his team to find a decent replacement but if it does happen let's hope its not late July leaving us no time to react.

I'd 100% prefer Dapo to stay though, I'm seeing some real disservice being done to him on twitter as if his type are ten a penny. He's unplayable at times, integral to us.

6 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

I definitely would trust Evatt and his team to find a decent replacement but if it does happen let's hope its not late July leaving us no time to react.

I'd 100% prefer Dapo to stay though, I'm seeing some real disservice being done to him on twitter as if his type are ten a penny. He's unplayable at times, integral to us.

He’s up there with the best in this league No doubt and we will stand a much better chance of getting out of it with him. Yes we should trust IE and his team to replace accordingly but he will be a big void to fill regardless of who else is in the squad 

I think some just need to taper their expectations in terms of what we should expect for him though 

46 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

If they don’t win the Europa they will lose Kent , aribo and Morelos. Also diallo will go back to United although he may go back next season. 

Considering it’s a pub league those 3 players above will command fees of 40m plus between them and that’s with them all only having a year each left on current contract. But it’s no better than league one so these sort of fees for pub players confuses me. 

To be fair, they've been doing it in Europe not just the pub league.

MK apparently want 3-5M for Twine who's a few years younger that Dap, had a better G&A return whilst also winning the L1 POTS. Think we'd accept 2M with a few sell ons & bonuses for Dapo if that's the case.

• Site Supporter

Wouldn't accept anything less than £100M myself. Currently in the process of mocking up an Oladapo Afolayan Match Attax card for my lad to go in the front of his Match Attax book. Not wasting all that effort just for him to fuck off before I've finished it.

5 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

I dont care if it's different times, different divisions, different players etc but if someone was once daft enough to pay 3.5m for Clough and 6m for Madine, I want at least 8m for the much much better Dapo.

Never mind that, I’m still bitter we only got £4m for Eidur

57 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

I dont care if it's different times, different divisions, different players etc but if someone was once daft enough to pay 3.5m for Clough and 6m for Madine, I want at least 8m for the much much better Dapo.

We should hire KA to do the negotiation. 

Few weeks or months ago 2 million seemed low, but more I think about it, the more it seems about right unfortunately because he's a talented lad and I think we could all see a possibility that in 3 years he goes for 10-15 million.

Exciting summer window to come.

As long as we have Evatt I'm pretty happy