Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

• Members

We can speculate all we want but the valuation of a player is usually spot on these days. 

market , salary and length of contract remaining.

Its then what the board is happy to accept and whatever that is i trust this board.

Edited by Rudy

16 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I think world class stretches it just a bit. 

I think if you do some homework MK you’ll find that Celtic, not so much Rangers, have one of the Worlds largest followings. These are two massive clubs in anyones language.

5 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

I think if you do some homework MK you’ll find that Celtic, not so much Rangers, have one of the Worlds largest followings. These are two massive clubs in anyones language.

I know how big the support is but neither are any where near world class clubs. 

OK, so what do you consider World Class? Having one of the games largest fan bases doesn’t count then? You might not like to accept it but they’re up there with the Real’s, Manures and Liverpools of this world and to me that makes them “world class.” as a club in my opinion.

• Members
Just now, Whitesince63 said:

OK, so what do you consider World Class? Having one of the games largest fan bases doesn’t count then? You might not like to accept it but they’re up there with the Real’s, Manures and Liverpools of this world and to me that makes them “world class.” as a club in my opinion.

You’re confusing followings with class 

And neither put Either of them in the same tier as Real Madrid

22 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

put both in the Prem 

they will be at the bottom half 

every season 

• Members
10 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Not for long.

Prem money= better players.

They'd soon be challenging at the top half.

Quite possibly but to class them In the same bracket in terms of stature of Madrid is way off 

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Quite possibly but to class them In the same bracket in terms of stature of Madrid is way off 

It is, but I was referring to LW's comments.

Leicester, West Ham, Brighton, Wolves etc have all done well in the Premier league without having the level of RM.

We did for a while too.

Celtic and Rangers would both cement their places and gradually start to challenge at the too half and beyond given the money and opportunity. 

• Members
8 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

It is, but I was referring to LW's comments.

Leicester, West Ham, Brighton, Wolves etc have all done well in the Premier league without having the level of RM.

We did for a while too.

Celtic and Rangers would both cement their places and gradually start to challenge at the too half and beyond given the money and opportunity. 

I agree. Was pointing out that whitesince63 classes them in the same bracket as Madrid, which I do not.

5 hours ago, Rudy said:

Cole Stockton being linked again 

Got a year left on his contract so if Morecambe want to cash in they need to sell this summer, or possibly Jan but obviously worth more now.  I can't see us offering enough of a transfer fee to tempt them to sell, and as good as he is he'd be a squad player not an automatic pick here.

• Members
Just now, Johnnyrotten said:

Got a year left on his contract so if Morecambe want to cash in they need to sell this summer, or possibly Jan but obviously worth more now.  I can't see us offering enough of a transfer fee to tempt them to sell, and as good as he is he'd be a squad player not an automatic pick here.

I know IE is a fan. Not a position I’d was expecting us to strengthen in if I’m honest though 

3 hours ago, Whitesince63 said:

Horseshit 

3 hours ago, Whitesince63 said:

You'll be classing Sunderland as World Class at this rate.

• Moderators

Rangers and Celtic have lots of fans and big grounds

but then so do Everton, Newcastle, Villa etc and they've had plenty struggles/relegations over the years so not sure folk assume Celtic and Rangers would do well

they wouldn't even have the lure of a couple of CL qualification games a season to tempt players to join them

they could just as easily go down as finish top half

anyway, it's a moot point as it will never happen

but lots of fans means fuck all and that's the only thing they can prove they've got, everything else is fantasy

21 minutes ago, Zico said:

but then so do Everton, Newcastle, Villa etc and they've had plenty struggles/relegations over the years so not sure folk assume Celtic and Rangers would do well

they wouldn't even have the lure of a couple of CL qualification games a season to tempt players to join them

but lots of fans means fuck all and that's the only thing they can prove they've got, everything else is fantasy

Rangers haven’t done too shabby in Europe with a budget partly built on probably the same tv money as Stockport have had this year for domestic coverage 😬 give them the PL tv money and the sponsorship that comes with it and I think you would be Eating your words. It’s never going to happen and rightly so.  But for folk to say they wouldn’t do anything if in PL is nonsense.  

And let’s not start to compare evertons support to either Celtic or rangers. You’re doing both a massive disservice there. They are both absolutely miles ahead not that support really makes a concrete argument for success. See sunlun 

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Rangers haven’t done too shabby in Europe with a budget partly built on probably the same tv money as Stockport have had this year for domestic coverage 😬 give them the PL tv money and the sponsorship that comes with it and I think you would be Eating your words. It’s never going to happen and rightly so.  But for folk to say they wouldn’t do anything if in PL is nonsense.  

what words are these?

I said they could do ok just as easily as they could go down

they'd get the same tv money etc and crowds as other teams which have struggled and have been relegated

as for Europe, aye, they've done well this season though don't forget Malmo knocked them out the CL, but historically, nothing special at all, certainly don't stand out as a big player on that particular scene

• Site Supporter
51 minutes ago, Zico said:

Not a given, but from a monetary aspect they could undeniably compete.

Just comes down to management then.

They’d both be competing as also rans. That top 8 would become a top 10. 

it’s alright having the same level of revenue as arsenal / spurs etc another completely different level up against city united Liverpool and Chelsea 

taken city what, 15 years to get to the level they’re at with FFP, ‘clever’ accountancy and billions spent. The old firm will never have billions to spend 

Edited by barrycowdrill

5 hours ago, Whitesince63 said:

For Celtic and Rangers see Newcastle, big clubs massive followings but big players don't want to move to the arse end of the UK, world class players make world class teams so I don't see it ever happening.  

Edited by Mounts Kipper