Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

4 minutes ago, Steejay said:

Think he’s still a Celtic player, just on loan atm.

Oh aye, I know that. I just meant I don't know what happened for them to send him out on loan to the third tier.

I know Celtic have sent a few there in recent years so they might have a partnership or something.

2 hours ago, tomski said:

Too be fair Tuchel will probably survive spending 100m on Lukaku. I could see some logic in the N’gog deal as he showed he had talent. Defo a flop though.

Ngog was just one of many fringe Liverpool/Man U players who showed promise in a good side but were found wanting after another club spent several million on em.

See also - Ibe, Spearing, Mellor, Chadwick, Gibson, Wilson

• Members
8 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Ngog was just one of many fringe Liverpool/Man U players who showed promise in a good side but were found wanting after another club spent several million on em.

See also - Ibe, Spearing, Mellor, Chadwick, Gibson, Wilson

His record for a striker is abysmal.

Bag of wank. Chequebook Coyle. 

One of many bad decisions that sent us to hell and back.

The ball started rolling with not letting Sam sign Viduka.

Then came Megson, 8m on Elmander and a series of utterly catastrophic decisions from the top.

28 minutes ago, gonzo said:

One of many bad decisions that sent us to hell and back.

The ball started rolling with not letting Sam sign Viduka.

Then came Megson, 8m on Elmander and a series of utterly catastrophic decisions from the top.

Big Sam was the right man at the right moment for us and when he was with us I feared for us when he left. Most of us just knew Sammy Lee was the wrong appointment even in 2007. It was as if we got one decision unbelievable right in 1999, lived off it for eight years and then got loads of stuff wrong thereafter. I guess there's a counter-argument to say way we did quite well to sustain five Prem years post-BSA. Up until Sam we'd had four top flight seasons in 37. (1964-2001)

In summary a club our size was always going to struggle to sustain 8,6,8,7 in the Prem. We fought a rearguard but then Coyle made horrible decisions and also got unlucky with injuries. Freedman was dreadful, Lennon was the right man at the wrong time. 

There's an A level essay question in there somewhere: "To what extent did Bolton's relegation become inevitable when Sam Allardyce left and could BWFC ever sustain that level of success in the top flight again?"

15 hours ago, paulhanley said:

Big Sam was the right man at the right moment for us and when he was with us I feared for us when he left. Most of us just knew Sammy Lee was the wrong appointment even in 2007. It was as if we got one decision unbelievable right in 1999, lived off it for eight years and then got loads of stuff wrong thereafter. I guess there's a counter-argument to say way we did quite well to sustain five Prem years post-BSA. Up until Sam we'd had four top flight seasons in 37. (1964-2001)

In summary a club our size was always going to struggle to sustain 8,6,8,7 in the Prem. We fought a rearguard but then Coyle made horrible decisions and also got unlucky with injuries. Freedman was dreadful, Lennon was the right man at the wrong time. 

There's an A level essay question in there somewhere: "To what extent did Bolton's relegation become inevitable when Sam Allardyce left and could BWFC ever sustain that level of success in the top flight again?"

Lennon was no better than the 2 or 3 that came before him. Have said it before once Mjalaby left we were awful. Nasty spiteful little man.

The other A level question would be 'Could Bolton sustain Premier League status even if BSA had stayed.' 

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

I see Rotherham have released Freddie Ladapo, he has been a good player at L1 level.

Thought that myself when I saw it. Not good enough for the championship but would be handy to have around at this level

18 hours ago, paulhanley said:

It was as if we got one decision unbelievable right in 1999, lived off it for eight years and then got loads of stuff wrong thereafter.

Not dissimilar to the United situation with Fergie really. BSA and Fergie were more than just managers for their clubs and so when they left, the whole structure of the club was altered and things started to crumble.

17 minutes ago, Mantra said:

Not dissimilar to the United situation with Fergie really. BSA and Fergie were more than just managers for their clubs and so when they left, the whole structure of the club was altered and things started to crumble.

“Fergie”? “FERGIE”?!

Ban him. Now.