Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

3 hours ago, radcliffe white said:

Just shows how quickly and ruthless it can be football, few years ago probably thought he’d tie a place down in the team and make a decent living. sadly he will probably end up at national league level 

slightly related- isnt dennis politic in Serie A now ?

3 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

But, let's remember, he's done something 99%+ here would have given their best friend's left bollock to do ... he became a professional footballer. Not only that, but with his home town club, who he supported all his life. Of all teams that was Bolton Wanderers.

I wish I'd failed to that extent.

I’m not convinced he’s a Bolton fan tbh, didn’t someone say he supported City?

I wish him well and hope he can carve out a decent career, but I never really saw anything in him to suggest he was good enough to make the grade in the football league.

Adam Chicksen for instance was streets ahead of Brockbank, and has been non league for a couple of seasons, albeit on the opposite flank. 

Edited by BWFC_LOVE

1 hour ago, BWFC_LOVE said:

I’m not convinced he’s a Bolton fan tbh, didn’t someone say he supported City?

I wish him well and hope he can carve out a decent career, but I never really saw anything in him to suggest he was good enough to make the grade in the football league.

Adam Chicksen for instance was streets ahead of Brockbank, and has been non league for a couple of seasons, albeit on the opposite flank. 

Agreed, and that's not a dig at Brockbank, he's obviously a great bloke and wore the shirt with pride, good luck to him.  But I think there's some underestimating of what's needed to be a L2 defender to assume he might make it at that level.  I think he'll struggle to get a national league club given how that is now so competitive.  Jamie Mascoll was getting games for us not that long ago, since then he's been released by Waterford and Wealdstone.  Its a tough business.

I wonder how many on here have moaned that their boss is a cock & never thanks them or says anything good to, or about, them.

Brookbank's parents are lifelong Bolton fans & season ticket  holders in ESL since we went to the Reebok. Can't say for certain he supports Bolton but think he does. Met Mrs B a few times. No-one could have been prouder of him breaking through. 

Edited by Dr. Feelgood

1 hour ago, barrycowdrill said:

Sam Hutchinson released by Sheff Weds. would imagine a decent packet 

But would take him in a heartbeat 

Definitely.  Sheff Wed fans not happy he's leaving.  He probably won't get a championship club at 32, so he's likely to get Lge 1 assuming he stays in England.  If he doesn't come here he'll be strengthening one of our rivals potentially, its a no brainer if his demands aren't stupid, unless we have someone better lined up.

1 minute ago, TrickyTrotter said:

Weds losing £500k a week as they’re still paying Champ wages to all and sundry. 

I'm guessing a reckoning is due, but they only released 3 players. Though had a load of loan players ... 7 I think.

They may start to feel the pinch very soon.

2 hours ago, TrickyTrotter said:

Weds losing £500k a week as they’re still paying Champ wages to all and sundry.  He won’t be coming here unless he takes a big pay cut.   33 this August not one for the future. I’m out.

I don't think there'll be a queue of clubs looking to pay him more than we would pay, I could be wrong.

Personally I don't care if he's 22 or 32, if he improves us and helps us get up he'll do for me.  If he was under 30 he probably wouldn't be on a free so we'd have to pay a fee.

• Moderators
4 hours ago, ZiggyStardust said:

€150m signing on fee helps though,

Apparently his mum said the PSG and Real offers were identical  

He'll still end up there one day 

But it'll be interesting to see who RM go after instead

• Moderators
3 hours ago, radcliffe white said:

Apparently part of the deal is he has to be consulted on any new signings wtf! 

Even Macron got involved urging him to stay as well 

His demands also apparently include 

£1m a week 

Takes penalties 

Get rid of Pochettino 

13 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

I think there was a rumour about Barrow CB Matt Platt joining us. He's gone to Bradford. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61548649

Could see the logic of that one, but he's not the level we're after now I'd imagine. 

Would have been okay with him as a back up but ideally you'd want signings coming in that could push to improve the Starting XI.