Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

Pretty quiet on the incoming transfer rumour front since Iredale signed on the dotted. Maybe this is going to be an "under the radar" summer when we sign players having never been linked to them before (other than Fossey and Trafford as returning loanees - hopefully). Think I prefer it that way. Memory might be faulty but I think it was like this when Bruce had that summer when he signed Mixu, Sneekes and deFreitas. 

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

Pretty quiet on the incoming transfer rumour front since Iredale signed on the dotted. Maybe this is going to be an "under the radar" summer when we sign players having never been linked to them before (other than Fossey and Trafford as returning loanees - hopefully). Think I prefer it that way. Memory might be faulty but I think it was like this when Bruce had that summer when he signed Mixu, Sneekes and deFreitas. 

Yep, but we need the goalie situation sorted out quickly, in particular. Evatt will be all over this, I’m sure- plan B if Trafford’s not returning.

Fossey needs finalising then some tweeking maybe.

I think Evatt will want to take his final squad away with him to Portugal.

1 hour ago, emus wig said:

West Brom released Romaine Sawyers would be a great fit for us sitting in midfield money obviously a massive problem . 

Got West Brom and stoke mates who both say he’s been absolutely dreadful the past couple of seasons 

ability is there but just doesn’t look interested. Not sure we’d want to take a gamble even if he was affordable 

• Site Supporter
7 hours ago, emus wig said:

West Brom released Romaine Sawyers would be a great fit for us sitting in midfield money obviously a massive problem . 

6 hours ago, barrycowdrill said:

Got West Brom and stoke mates who both say he’s been absolutely dreadful the past couple of seasons 

ability is there but just doesn’t look interested. Not sure we’d want to take a gamble even if he was affordable 

Lettuce agree then it's not worth a gamble. 

3 hours ago, Mantra said:

Liam Gordon has got a gig at Walsall who finished 16th in L2. 

He'll do well I reckon

Reading twitter comments (I know), you’d think they’ve just signed Roberto Carlos. Very strange how every so often a player gets overly praised, and then it becomes some kind of wankathon as to who can go the furthest.

He seemed a nice enough guy, had a good attitude, was pretty fast but was a poor footballer, couldn’t defend to save his life and when put under any kind of pressure just lost the ball. He’s not quite Greenidge, but I’m surprised he’s got a gig in the football league.

Hope he goes on to do well, but I’m pretty sure Walsall fans’ expectations will be some way above what they’re getting based on our strange twitter based fans.

23 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Reading twitter comments (I know), you’d think they’ve just signed Roberto Carlos. Very strange how every so often a player gets overly praised, and then it becomes some kind of wankathon as to who can go the furthest.

He seemed a nice enough guy, had a good attitude, was pretty fast but was a poor footballer, couldn’t defend to save his life and when put under any kind of pressure just lost the ball. He’s not quite Greenidge, but I’m surprised he’s got a gig in the football league.

Hope he goes on to do well, but I’m pretty sure Walsall fans’ expectations will be some way above what they’re getting based on our strange twitter based fans.

Aye if they listen to Whites63 they are going to be disappointed 

51 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Yeah, I know what you mean. I think a lot of it is just people wanting to get likes for the funniest reply in the comments, usually based around HMS Piss the League or whatever. But most of the excitement is just getting a fresh face in the building as no one has much clue who anyone is at this level. Twitter wankathons mean very little anyway. Marcus Maddison and Dapo Afolayan got totally different welcomes and both turned out very different stories. I reckon if Burnley signed Dapo on Friday and Amaechi on Monday, they'd both get equal wankathons despite having polar opposite seasons

The Bolton fans will give him a glowing reference as he worked hard on loan last season and put a shift in for us when we needed him this season. He's not at the level we need right now but as you say, hope he can impress there and not have too much expectation on him. I think that too much pressure hindered him in his first season with us to be honest. Coming from Dag&Red to Bolton was a big step up. 

Edited by Mantra

He looked decent in that little spell of home games against Crewe & Doncaster when we desperately needed the wins to stop us falling amongst the bottom fodder during a very tough period. Funnily enough he started, got an assist against Ipswich when he smashed them 5-2 but I remember bricking it everytime Burns ran at him. He was targeted as the weak link to get at by the teams with better wingers but he was a sight lot better last season than he was compared to his L2 apps for us. He seems a solid pro, good attitude, well liked by everybody whilst showing us as a club a lot of love in his interviews but a lot of our fans have gone proper overboard in regards to his ability. Wish him all the best, hopefully he can develop & be a good un for them.

43 minutes ago, W.cramp said:

Do you not know where he is tonight ?    If not then you are slipping and need to up your game  !

hahaha, he's back in the UK after a trip to the USA. He's been in the gym in Wokingham, Studio9 fitness.Watching Chicago Pd GIF by One Chicago

• Site Supporter
18 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Lettuce agree then it's not worth a gamble. 

16 hours ago, emus wig said:

I like a horticultural joke once in a while 😐

16 hours ago, DazBob said:

Don't encourage him.  This could just be the tip of the iceberg.

15 hours ago, emus wig said:

Personally I thought it was a load of radish 

I’ve heard we may be doing a deal with Liverpool for Mo Salad

• Site Supporter
27 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Aye, would cos too much.

Even though he is a little gem.

Leaf it out. All we need is an olive skinned oil billionaire to back us.