Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

Bored people on Twitter on a fishing trip? Not much has happened in the past few weeks at both clubs so would make sense to make some bollocks up & have our fans in total panic mode for absolutely no reason at all. He's class is Fossey but the only teams dumb enough to hand out 20k to a L1 player with 21 apps to his name who's had known serious injuries would be your Salford/Wrexham/Stockport if they were able too. Evatt & Markham will have everything in place behind the scenes like they've shown, if we miss out on some then f them we'll have very good alternates but it all sounds like bullshit to me.

20 minutes ago, Deanu said:

Bored people on Twitter on a fishing trip? Not much has happened in the past few weeks at both clubs so would make sense to make some bollocks up & have our fans in total panic mode for absolutely no reason at all. He's class is Fossey but the only teams dumb enough to hand out 20k to a L1 player with 21 apps to his name who's had known serious injuries would be your Salford/Wrexham/Stockport if they were able too. Evatt & Markham will have everything in place behind the scenes like they've shown, if we miss out on some then f them we'll have very good alternates but it all sounds like bullshit to me.

Nail on head. Fossey's good but if someone is gonna give him 20k a week, let them. Everyone is replaceable but fwiw I think he'll be back here

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Biggish Dave said:

If it's anything like true, Wigan will be bankrupt again very soon chucking that sort of money about.

Can't see it happening for that money.

I'd be more than happy getting a top notch centre half and Jones back as rwb to be honest if Fossey does go elsewhere

Mmmm, not sure I agree with you about Jones as an attacking wing back.

I didn’t think he was very effective after Fossey was injured and we would have very little pace on that side.

If Fossey doesn’t sign, then I’d want a replacement that offers more of an attacking threat. Kachunga isn’t very good and Sadlier is skillful but not a natural wide man.

If we don’t land him the initial impact will be quite big as he appears to be our main and only target. Fee agreed since Jan n all that. Yes of course there would be other options but I think IE would’ve been that confident we had him he wouldn’t of worked on any others. 

For goodness sake look at the facts here for Fossey to be shown around Wigan a fee would have to be agreed are you really saying that a fee has been agreed he has been shown around and not one local journalist has picked it up.  I would expect Paul Kendrick or Marc Iles to have said something and as for 20k a week their top earners are on 8 so that’s bollocks.  It’s a wind up by two fans until a local reporter says something 

Chill guys what will be will be and if Fossey does go elsewhere good luck to him but I’m sure IE will have someone else lined up to replace him. The guys not young, has little first team experience and has an injury history so if they’re prepared to risk £20k a week on that, more fool them.

• Site Supporter

The Fossey thing is a great wind up for getting Bolton supporters foaming at the mouth. Problem is though, when it doesn’t happen we’ll be turning the tables and laughing back at them for being a richer and higher placed club but oh so fucking tinpot.