Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

19 minutes ago, gonzo said:

It would have taken him 3.4 seconds to say doesnt look like fossey is coming because he's high risk and dapo is deffo staying.

No, seriously, fair play. 

A guy last Saturday said something very similar to me as he passed me on his bike in Richmond Park.

Truly impressive.

1 hour ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

No, seriously, fair play. 

A guy last Saturday said something very similar to me as he passed me on his bike in Richmond Park.

Truly impressive.

You think hes making it all up then? 

4 minutes ago, gonzo said:

You think hes making it all up then? 

Is there a competition on here for making up the best pre season pre window rumour? Player told me in gym was a good one but manager told me on plane is current leader. Be in Bolton News next and be better story than new moves for Pawel Olkowski & Gregg Strong. Roll on June 10th

19 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Think you and Mr Feelgood are confusing this place with Twitter and the gaggle of cranks that make shit up for attention and likes off spotty teenagers with pictures of dapo on their bedroom walls.

This place has been going 20 years, most cunts know eachother and simply pass bits off info about as they receive.

You want to start calling long time posters out for stuff they share then I suggest you both fuck off to Bolton Nuts or twitter with the rest of the other cranks.

Fuckin ell chill out who's calling anyone out? Just find it hard sometimes to differentiate between running jokes on here from ITK to actual bits of info

Would love Fossey to come back, seems like a good pro and quickly established himself as an important player for us.

But if the medical and scouting team think it's too high risk to pay a fee for him then no worries. I'm sure we can find someone of a similar profile, plenty more fish int' sea.

Agree that Dapo is staying, he seems like he really loves the club and the manager which is massive. The Santos contract extension gives me more confidence that he will stay too.

Hoping for some announcements soon because I feel starved of BWFC news.

Bit bored so I went on Football Manager (for those who don't play it, it's much more 'realistic' than FIFA, in terms of how it ranks player attributes). 20 is the max score for a single attribute.

Decided to look at Jack Iredale, to see what the game makes of him and when I went on his injury history, it said he had 3 major knee injuries between 2012 and 2013. So I googled it and from the Bolton News - it was confirmed...

Diagnosed with type one diabetes at 13, he then suffered an agonising THREE cruciate ligament injuries before his 20th birthday growing up in, Australia and making his way through the famed Institute of Sport.

But anyway, what I really want to show was his player attributes to get an idea of his strengths and weaknesses

Screenshot-2022-06-02-at-13-31-34.png

It doesn't give a huge amount away to be fair, he seems very well rounded. Good passer and crosser, not very aggressive and maybe doesn't have the best vision for a pass. But overall looks a solid player.

If you want to see other players lemme know and I can post their attributes

Edited by Mantra

17 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Terrible is a bit too complimentary. That said, Brown’s assistant manager is Steven Whittaker who played with Vela at Hibs so must have seen something in training that nobody ever saw in a game.*

*I actually thought Vela was a really bright prospect for us for a spell when he first came through. When we beat Sunderland away in the FA Cup he was head and shoulders the best player on the park, but I don’t think his injury did him any good and then he let the good press go to his head under Lennon

Good info, there had to be a link, on the face of it Brown wouldn't know a jot about Vela.  There is so much "its who you know", I always think the players that move around a lot have a far better chance of getting a contract than the 1 or 2 club men.  Baptiste and Gilks got moves here on the back of being at Blackpool with IE, and no doubt Baptiste will find a club (deservedly) that will take him thanks to someone he's worked with before.  Harder for the likes of Brockbank to have those relationships to call on.

6 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

So Evatt, on a flight with his family for a holiday, spent 4 hours discussing confidential details & his opinions of players and their potential moves with you ?

Blimey. I am impressed.

You wanted to see him sat on his 40TH 

he was on full mither 

even the Jockeys got on there horses 

and fucked off 

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Mantra said:

Bit bored so I went on Football Manager (for those who don't play it, it's much more 'realistic' than FIFA, in terms of how it ranks player attributes). 20 is the max score for a single attribute.

Decided to look at Jack Iredale, to see what the game makes of him and when I went on his injury history, it said he had 3 major knee injuries between 2012 and 2013. So I googled it and from the Bolton News - it was confirmed...

Diagnosed with type one diabetes at 13, he then suffered an agonising THREE cruciate ligament injuries before his 20th birthday growing up in, Australia and making his way through the famed Institute of Sport.

But anyway, what I really want to show was his player attributes to get an idea of his strengths and weaknesses

Screenshot-2022-06-02-at-13-31-34.png

It doesn't give a huge amount away to be fair, he seems very well rounded. Good passer and crosser, not very aggressive and maybe doesn't have the best vision for a pass. But overall looks a solid player.

If you want to see other players lemme know and I can post their attributes

I’m trying to think how a person will look and come across with a very low “mental aggression” but a very high “physical strength”.

Loves a tackle, rarely get pushed off the ball unless it’s cold or is easily distracted and then he becomes like bambi on ice 🤷‍♂️

5 hours ago, Max Cherry said:

Fuckin ell chill out who's calling anyone out? Just find it hard sometimes to differentiate between running jokes on here from ITK to actual bits of info

Sorry mate you got the wrath from Dr Feelgood implying folk would go to the trouble of firstly posting our manager was on his plane and secondly making up hed spoke to him regarding a couple of players to somehow impress a bunch of usernames on a football forum.

4 minutes ago, TroySwoosh said:

I see Blackpool's manager has left for Villa, They'll be after Evatt

Weird one that. Leaving a successful stint as manager in the Champ to be a number 2 to Gerrard.

Hope Evatt says fuck off if they come a knockin

I get that there’s history, but I’m not remotely worried about this. 

From looking at his playing career I can understand concerns. He probably has more of an affiliation with them than anyone else at playing level, travelled through the leagues with them, a season in the Prem etc. 

With the support he has here however; the belief he has in the project and how much we’ve already been through, not to mention the fact I think he ‘gets’ how big we are now compared to when he joined, the potential, and there’s no doubting that we have a higher ceiling. 

There will come a time when our resolve will be tested. And I’ve maintained ever since last March or so that he is our biggest asset that we must hold on to at all costs. This isn’t the time though.