Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I don’t expect better than Fossey. It’ll be just spin, fwiw I wouldn’t rule Fossey out just yet. 

If anyone can persuade fossey to sign it’s evatt. Seems a bright lad so hopefully he can buy into the journey that team Ian/sharron are on.

I think if he was coming here it would have been done by now. 

His agent's told him to hang fire and said he can get him 2 or 3x the salary we're offering and a division higher.

Good luck to the lad if he's going to PNE, Sunderland or similar. Go to Wigan though and I'll wish him nothing but serious injury or death.

1 hour ago, onefinfrandsen said:

If anyone can persuade fossey to sign it’s evatt. Seems a bright lad so hopefully he can buy into the journey that team Ian/sharron are on.

Does he want to though… persuade him that is.. 

If he thinks he can get a couple for the price of Fossey I think he’d do the latter 

he’s said repeatedly we could pay similar to what the other clubs in the league are but it isn’t the right thing to do. 

with all due respect to Fossey he’s a RB. It’s not where you spend your top money or a position that’s going to get you out of the league 

7 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

If he thinks he can get a couple for the price of Fossey I think he’d do the latter 

he’s said repeatedly we could pay similar to what the other clubs in the league are but it isn’t the right thing to do. 

with all due respect to Fossey he’s a RB. It’s not where you spend your top money or a position that’s going to get you out of the league 

He’s a wing back, key position in a 3 at back system and good ones are match winners and cost good money, given his potential, age and for the right fee it’s a no brainer the obvious negative is his injury record. 

No one (or barely anyone) had heard of Kioso or Fossey or Dapo or Bodvarsson or Charles.

As much as I like him, I ain't that worried if he doesn't sign on. As we'll probably find another rough diamond that we can polish up.

Keeping Evatt is the big one. Hope to see him in Sharon's house with the pen and paper soon...

Edited by Mantra

23 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

Think having had him for 16 games last season and seeing the effect he had not just with his own performances but the team and supporters he will be doing his best to get him signed up. He’s so much more than a right back, carries a real threat going forward and has a yard of pace

22 minutes ago, Mantra said:

No one (or barely anyone) had heard of Kioso or Fossey or Dapo or Bodvarsson or Charles.

As much as I like him, I ain't that worried if he doesn't sign on. As we'll probably find another rough diamond that we can polish up.

Keeping Evatt is the big one. Hope to see him in Sharon's house with the pen and paper soon...

I mentioned Dapo to him and the fact our fanbase particularly on twitter would implode if we didn’t sign Fossey and he went  I repeated to him what I’ve said on here previously re: Dapo. He’s a 24yr old lad whose just played over 50 first team games and he said exactly but Dapo isn’t going anywhere. Rico re signing has sent a message of what we’re doing. Then said look at bodvarsson. Everyone’s opinion was he couldn’t score a goal in this country and look what he’s done. 

finding other rough diamonds and making them shine is definitely a thing he looks for I reckon 

Edited by barrycowdrill

4 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I see Luca Connell is being released by Celtic, with them opting not to take up the option of an extra year. What a poor move that turned out to be.

Financially it will have been great. Plus he’s played for catholic kings which will be important to him / his family. 

shit football move although I doubt he would have flurished in his time here given the instability 

3 minutes ago, Big E said:

Financially it will have been great. Plus he’s played for catholic kings which will be important to him / his family. 

shit football move although I doubt he would have flurished in his time here given the instability 

I know what you mean but he never actually played for them in a competitive match. 

6 hours ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I know what you mean but he never actually played for them in a competitive match. 

6 hours ago, Big E said:

Won’t mention that part when he’s barebacking the lads🤣

5 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

His Agent fucked us off when we were at our lowest ebb. Lesson young players need to learn ... short turn brass, or long term career

I hope he feels shit. That green grass is now hay - roll in it.

Wouldn't have him back for free

EFA

8 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

He fucked us off when we were at our lowest ebb.

I hope he feels shit. That green grass is now hay - roll in it.

Wouldn't have him back for free

Nonsense, the club was a shitstorm when Celtic came in for him. He’d have been crazy to turn that chance down and ok it hadn’t worked out for him but he’s still only 21 and I’m sure Evatt could get something out of him. At the least we need B Team players so since he’s free, what would we have to lose by bringing him back?

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Nonsense, the club was a shitstorm when Celtic came in for him. He’d have been crazy to turn that chance down and ok it hadn’t worked out for him but he’s still only 21 and I’m sure Evatt could get something out of him. At the least we need B Team players so since he’s free, what would we have to lose by bringing him back?

He’d have been better going to PNE and going down the proper channels rather than being a snake saying he was on a ground tour while on holiday. He’s failed. Good. Very badly advised, back to bottom he goes.

No better than Thomason 

3 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

He’d have been better going to PNE and going down the proper channels rather than being a snake saying he was on a ground tour while on holiday. He’s failed. Good. Very badly advised, back to bottom he goes.

No better than Thomason 

All about opinions I suppose Dave? 😉

No issue with him going as we were a car crash. I wanted to leave as a fan.

Not making an appearance in the pub league isn’t a good look though.

What did annoy me was him and his agent trying to save Celtic a couple of quod breaking his contract when we were on are arses though. Classy they were not.

That said Baptiste has shown that you should never say never I suppose and if Evatt saw him doing a job then why not.

The lad had some talent but I can’t get past the fact he didn’t get a sniff in Scotland.