Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

19 minutes ago, tomski said:

No issue with him going as we were a car crash. I wanted to leave as a fan.

Not making an appearance in the pub league isn’t a good look though.

What did annoy me was him and his agent trying to save Celtic a couple of quod breaking his contract when we were on are arses though. Classy they were not.

That said Baptiste has shown that you should never say never I suppose and if Evatt saw him doing a job then why not.

The lad had some talent but I can’t get past the fact he didn’t get a sniff in Scotland.

😂😂

21 hours ago, onefinfrandsen said:

If anyone can persuade fossey to sign it’s evatt. Seems a bright lad so hopefully he can buy into the journey that team Ian/sharron are on.

on the 8th May it was announced by the BN that he was  close to signing, I think it's fair to say he's not.  Am I bothered, no not at all, I'd not heard of any of the signings Evatts has made yet they've improved us immensely.   I'll go with IE, he's probably got his figures and targets already, i hope he's not going to out a damp squid on things by telling the BN who were after etc as it looks rather embarrassing when this happens

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Breightmet Boy said:

on the 8th May it was announced by the BN that he was  close to signing, I think it's fair to say he's not.  Am I bothered, no not at all, I'd not heard of any of the signings Evatts has made yet they've improved us immensely.   I'll go with IE, he's probably got his figures and targets already, i hope he's not going to out a damp squid on things by telling the BN who were after etc as it looks rather embarrassing when this happens

As sea creatures, just how damp is the squid? 

A squib, on the other hand, is a small firework; shit when damp.

Today’s pedantry was brought to you today by the letter S.

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I had an inkling you'd post something like that.

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

Always been our resident Captain Pedantic has our Wellyphant :)

I guess TMGJ and I will take this as a wooooosh moment.

56 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Re prospective signings- does this talk of IE to Blackpool need knocking on the head quickly, so as to make our situation more set?

I would say it’s to early evatt is on holiday there as been no approach from Blackpool so as it stands nothing to knock on the head

• Site Supporter
31 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

I would say it’s to early evatt is on holiday there as been no approach from Blackpool so as it stands nothing to knock on the head

He's quoted as a favourite though. If any approaches have been made already (Fossey) the how dies that play out in the player's mind?

He's become favourite either because of growing rumour or a shit load of folk throwing money away.

2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

He's quoted as a favourite though. If any approaches have been made already (Fossey) the how dies that play out in the player's mind?

He's become favourite either because of growing rumour or a shit load of folk throwing money away.

It takes very little money to move those markets.

Was the way we play and the freedom given by IE not largely responsible for Marlon excelling here though? He never did anything at Fulham and who says if he goes to a Wigan or Blackburn that he’ll fit in with their system? He knows what he can do here so surely if he just decides for money reasons it could be a different story elsewhere?

31 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Was the way we play and the freedom given by IE not largely responsible for Marlon excelling here though? He never did anything at Fulham and who says if he goes to a Wigan or Blackburn that he’ll fit in with their system? He knows what he can do here so surely if he just decides for money reasons it could be a different story elsewhere?

Would love him to stay but if as the Drac says he is after championship wages then I think we will have to move on. It’s a shame but it happens.

12 hours ago, Traf said:

Blackpool will have paraded a new manager before Evatt's back from Dubai.

You’d of thought so. He’s back next Sunday ready for pre season. Rest of family staying on. Pool would want a manger in to lead there’s from day 1 you would expect.. 

1 hour ago, Blondi said:

Nixon has mentioned that we have an interest in James Collins a 6'2 striker at Cardiff, Derby want him too.

Looks like he has a decent record and would be a good addition, serious competition up top.

Edited by Mounts Kipper